20.5 - Stories of the Untold.

Start from the beginning

In my room, I looked around at all the pictures I have, some with (Y/N), which are a new addition after what I did the last time I had pictures of him, luckily mom had copies. Some were of me and my father, who died before it all went wrong. I also had some pictures of me with granny Akari, and I looked at them all, with one of them catching my attention. It was one with me, Izumi and (Y/N) all sitting next to granny Akari as she tells us a story with her playing on the piano. The memory played back in my mind as I remembered how she never stopped looking at us, as if she was giving us a bedtime story, she played smooth and calm music on the piano, with it getting just a slight bit jumpy whenever she reached a point of drama or action in her stories.

Remembering the times I spent with her, as well as the amount of lessons, for life and for music and art, that she gave me, I started tearing up, remembering just how kind of a woman she was, and how much Izumi and (Y/N) loved her as well.

TV (muffled): "Earlier today, the beloved musician and artist Akari passed away after suffering from a heart attack last week. She was well loved and known for her work, as well as for all of the charity she took part in. The funeral will be held later this evening-" It was cut off, likely mom wanted to watch a show of hers to help her calm down when it was cut to the news.

I felt more and more emotional, knowing that so many people knew of her and loved her for what she has done over the years, volunteering, teaching, playing with the younger kids, the list just goes on and on. At this point I was silently crying while sitting on my bed. I took another good look around my room and saw the keyboards that I got from her for one of my birthdays. Without realizing it, I was already sitting next to it, and I was just thinking about what now. It didn't take long before my hands just reached for the keys and started playing. One note after the other, the melody just formed in my head as lyrics of sorts came to my mind.

When I finished the song, I felt something dropped on my lap. Looking down at it, I realized that it was a tear. More and more tears fell as I cried, feeling all of the pain of the last months, the last weeks and the last few days, all coming down on me at once. I held my chest in pain as I finally felt my walls break down and I just let myself cry.

Todoroki's Story

Todoroki POV:

Waking up today felt awful. Walking around the house, everything felt so dark and gray, and it was evident that everyone else felt that way as well. Sitting together around the table, every single one of us, Mother, Fuyumi and Natsuo all held somber expressions similar to mine.

We ate in silence as we remembered what happened on this day a few years ago, ten years in fact. After we all ate, each one if us went to do something else. Fuyumi went to the kitchen to prepare the food, Natsuo picked up the broom and started cleaning and mother went out to do some hero work.

I, on the other hand, took a shopping list Fuyumi made. I needed to buy some ingredients we were missing as well as some pastries, flowers and candles. Leaving the house, the sky had some gray clouds, yet nothing close enough to start raining. Walking around the city, you could see how the females hurried to work, with the occasional hero walking around on patrol.

Finally making it to the grocery store, I went inside and immediately looked for whatever we were missing, most of it being noodles for my cold soba and meat for the week. There were also a few vegetables and fruits on the list. Once done, I paid for it all and made my way to the bakery nearby. There, I looked for Rakugan, and luckily for me, they had a good amount in the shape of a heart, which is mother's favorite. Lastly, I went to the flower shop and looked for the Rindou, and yet again was lucky to find a full vase of it.