PROLOGUE! i can't believe i'm spending my summer like this

Mulai dari awal

"just go get it."

"on it. please be here when i get back."

leia ran to her grandparents house, and the unnamed girl helped cherry climb through the window.

finally, leia returned, and the trio of girls listened to the bootleg music sitting in the bed. leia, for some reason, took the time to explain her family history.

"so, this was your moms old room, and your dad moved next door?" the girl asked. "i bet they boned in here all the time!"

"ew, oh my god, they probably did bone!" cherry cringed. "actually, leia, your moms kind of hot. is she single?"

"no, she's married to my father." leia reminded.

"is it a happy marriage?" cherry sat up.

"sometimes, late at night, when everything's quiet, i can still hear the..." the girl pressed down on the bed, and imitated creaking noises.

"that creaking is probably your parents." cherry winced.

"parent."

"oh, me too. dad or mom?"

"mom."

"me too!"

leia stared at the bed, with a horrified look, ignoring the conversation that was happening.

"sorry, i love making people feel uncomfortable." the girl apologized, fighting back a smile.

"you're really good at it." leia commented.

"we're literally soulmates!" cherry grinned.

"we are!" the girl smiled, and motioned for the blond to get closer. "anyway, tell me about chicago. what are you guys into?"

"i'm not from chicago." cherry informed, glancing at leia. "and i'm into nothing but you."

"glad to hear!" the girl replied.

leia just stood, shifting from foot to foot. it wasn't as easy for her to make friends, but the other girl seemed to do it so naturally.

cherry focused her attention on her nervous friend. "lei?"

"me? uh, a lot of stuff. school. schools a big one. and i'm a pretty big deal in debate club. that's not up for debate!" leia joked, which was met with silence. "yeah, i'm not popular."

"good. popular people suck!"

"yeah, they really do."

leia's eyes met cherry's. she began to apologize "sorry, not you!"

"i know, lei." cherry giggled off the girls anxiety.

the curly-haired girl turned the volume up on her speaker. "oh, this is the best part!"

the door burst open, revealing a decently attractive. he'd probably look better if his face wasn't covered in shaving cream.

"damn it, gwen! turn that crap down i'm trying to shave." the boy complained, and then slammed the door.

suddenly, cherry realized that she hadn't even asked the girl what her name was. she'd just barged in and immediately got comfortable.

apparently, it was gwen.

"older brother, different dads. he's cool. mostly cause he has a van, and he's fun to mess with." gwen explained with a shrug. "watch this!"

gwen turned the volume all the way up, and in only a couple seconds, her brother entered the room again.

"seriously, gwen! i almost nicked my nerps! this whiny vagina music is bumming me out!" the boy complained.

"i think i'd love whiny vagina music." cherry thought.

"yeah, nate! me and my new friends are gonna start a band and call it whiny vagina!" gwen argued.

"i'm gonna start a band and call it that's stupid!" nate replied, with a huff.

"whiny vagina. that needs to be on a shirt, like, right now. i'm gonna get a tramp stamp tattoo of it!" cherry grinned.

nate slammed the door for the last time, and gwen took a seat beside her speaker.

cherry stared right at leia, analyzing every single one of her features. leia shrunk in the girls sight, her eyes flicking towards other parts of the room, only to come back to meet the girls face.

cherry's lips curled into a smile. "you would look really good with a nose piercing."

"she's right. let me give you one!" gwen dug around in her nightstand.

the curly haired girl pulled out a (hopefully) clean needle, and then a baggie full of jewelry and other products.

leia swallowed her fear. "uhm, sure?"

"you don't have too if you don't want too." cherry reassured.

"no, i want too!"

"should i pierce my nip-"

"no!"