Pandora

Amalia 'Lia' Sully, cousin of; Tom 'Tommy' and Jacob 'Jake' Sully, was only a child when her Parents; Luke and Maia Sully, were killed in a robbery gone wrong situation, was adopted by her Paternal Uncle and Aunt; William and Lucy Sully, so that she could fit in better with her relatives and refer to Tom and Jake as her Brothers as she grew up.

She was extremely close with her Cousins slash Adopted Siblings as they grew up together. However, over time, Lucy passed away when they were sixteen and Lia was almost twelve, from Cancer, and William died in one of Earth's many wars, Lia realised that they were growing apart as they got older.

Where she wanted to be a Doctor to save lives, Jake wanted to be a Marine in honor of his Father and Tommy wanted to be a Scientist and became part of the Avatar Program due to his excellent grades and determination to be part of said program.

However, Tommy, unlike Jake, who went into the Military Training Program, meaning he was almost never home, tried to make time for Lia, as she was four years younger then them and still needed a Guardian, and help her study for her own exams.

Also, when Tommy was home, he taught Lia the Na'vi Language, which he had picked up on easily and surprisingly, so did she, although she was much slower, but it still helped Tommy, since he didn't have many friends, other then a man named Norm Spellman, who's pronunciation of the Na'vi Language was too formal, as Tommy had once told Lia.

One day, while Tommy had been out, Lia, who had been at home due to it being Summer Break, had gotten a call from a Hospital that was stationed in the same area that Jake was in, fighting a War, informing her of a tragedy. Jake had been badly wounded in battle.

Jake had been paralyzed from the waist down due to being shot in the spine by the enemy as he had saved one of his own men from being killed by said enemy. The Doctors said that he would never be able to walk again... Unless he had the money to get new legs, which was impossible considering that they were part of the lower middle class group of society.

Lia strongly believed that it was unfair that just because their Family was part of the lower middle class group, Jake couldn't even get a new pair of legs, especially when he served their Country to the best of his ability and wasn't even dishonorably discharged as a Marine, but that was their way of life.

~~~~~~

A year and two months had passed since Jake had been disabled and Honorably Discharged. He was living at Home while Lia continued her schooling and Tommy was working and studying at the Avatar Program School, but was otherwise home, helping Jake when he had his days off.

Lia, who was at School, had been in the middle of taking notes for her upcoming exam when a knock on the door caught everyone's attention briefly, however, they returned to their note taking when the Professor; Mr. Adams, glared at them before going to see who had interrupted his class.

After talking to two people in hush voices at the door, Mr. Adams turned back to his class."Miss. Sully."He called out to Lia, causing her head to snap up."These two men would like a word with you outside. I think it would be best if you take your things with you."Lia looked between her Professor and two men, Detectives, Lia realised, before doing as she was instructed.

"Miss. Sully, we're here to speak to you about your Cousin."One of the men stated.

Lia raised an eyebrow at them, ignoring the dread forming in her stomach."I have two Brothers,"She stressed the word to get it across their minds that even though she was, technically their Cousin, she grew up referring to Jake and Tommy as her Older Brothers."which one would you be referring to?"

"Dr. Tom Sully."The taller of the two men stated."He was killed during a mugging."

"We're sorry for your loss, Miss. Sully."The second man said as Lia's green eyes brimmed with tears.