Chapter 2.

A blade covered in blood slashed across her neck, she heavily breathed as she tried to catch her breath. You're a killer. No. A monster. The demons in her head torment her.

She simply did what she needed to do, she cleaned the red liquid off her knife with her pants and walked to the door. The hitman hid her bloodied hands in her pocket. Shit, almost forgot the card.

She turned back on her heels to leave the card, but the body disappeared. Frantically, her eyes searched around the room, what the fuck?! A pair of cold, blood-stained hands turned Ryujin around. A blank face stood in front of her.

Scared for her life, her hand reached for the knife which evaporated with her touch. The blade was no longer in her possession. The figure in front of her tilted its head as if was smiling, it held up the hitman's blade and placed it on Ryujin's neck—SWISH.

‧͙⁺˚*·༓☾

Ryujin jolted up from her bed in cold sweat, grabbing her neck while hyperventilating. Coming back into reality, she hid her face into her shaky hands.

After recovering from the vivid nightmare, she reached over to her phone. 10am. While she was asleep, Chaeryeong texted her notifying that she went to work and made breakfast for her. Another message was from Haerin's father, expressing his appreciation for taking action where the police refused to. Ryujin chucked her phone beside her and forced herself out of the bed.

She did her usual morning routine then headed to the kitchen to eat her roommate's breakfast. The troubled girl picked at her food, not having the appetite to consume the bibimbap made for her. Her mind was distracted with the nightmare she had, she knew that by going ahead with the execution, she would be going against the morals she vowed since she started. The same values she put in place to assure that she would never become the monster she feared.

Ryujin knew that she lacked the emotional capacity in comparison to normal people but she's still human. She was self-aware that she was not as sane as most people, she found herself in plenty of trouble with the law when she was younger which resulted in her being sent to juvenile detention on the regular. While undergoing medical and mental examinations, the doctors and psychologists determined that she presented signs of being psychopathic. The diagnosis frightened the life out of her. Ryujin became afraid of what she could be capable of. She therefore became determined to prove her diagnosis wrong. She became more aware with her actions and mindset, attempting to become more empathic, remorseful, and honest.

After a year, the psychologists decided that she was capable to return back to society. Ryujin became proud with her progress, finding a part time job as a barista which allowed social interaction that she desperately needed to improve her emotional and social capacity. Soon after, tragic events unfolded which resorted her to take on the role as a hitman, her progress quickly regressed so she promised herself to only take jobs that eliminate people that caused pain.

Ryujin took her half-eaten bowl of rice back into the kitchen to wrap the dish with plastic wrap and made a mental reminder to finish it for dinner. She walked over to Chaeryeong's computer to gather further intel about her next target.

After an hour of info-bombing herself with the target's whereabouts and company, she walked into her closet and put on a plain black casual outfit to blend in with the public with the intention of stalking her target. The hitman grabbed her keys off her bedside table and picked up her backpack beside her door before heading to the garage. The engine roared as she put on her bluetooth earphones and along with her helmet. She rode her motorbike along the streets, swerving past all the speeding cars.

‧͙⁺˚*·༓☾

To her surprise, the Architect's company was not far from her apartment, she parked her bike a little further down the street and walked to the entrance. There's no doubt that the company was successful with crystal clear glass offering natural light to shine on the marble pillars holding up the building. Footsteps of the employees and their clients are heard echoing in the lobby, walking towards the elevators to head into their offices. Ryujin felt very out of her element. She made her way to the reception desk where the worker quickly bowed causing the other to return the gesture.