I got back to the laundry and placed my clothing in the drying machine. My hands so cold from walking around I had trouble grabbing anything. Little people were here, all of us spaced out. Avoiding each other. By the looks of it, I was the youngest one here. Usually, I go over to Irene's. But not today. It felt right to just do it myself and not bother her any more than I already have. Plus on top of that, by the time I was getting home, I felt a lot more relaxed. I looked at my hands when I came to a stop, my ring was not on. It's time I start wearing it. I'm a married woman.

Putting my clothes away, making me a small lunch and tidying up the apartment gave me some sort of inner peace. It was all quiet, the only thing heard were casual cars driving by. Sometimes their music could be heard. But it was just me in this apartment. It had been for such a long time. It wasn't until now that I realized just how lonely it is; When I was constantly bothered by the girl, when we spent more than half of my time there together, under the same roof, I had become so accustomed to someone's company. Her company.

-

Haseul chose a fancy bar, it was so huge. The parking lot was full. I could see women wearing expensive dresses as I wore jeans and a warm sweater. Men wearing suits. No one told me there was a dress code. As I gave my ID to go in, I felt embarrassed. Even the security guards look better than I. As I walked inside there were people at tables and a spacious bar. I couldn't spot Haseul. There were too many people here. And I tried my best to keep my face hidden. They all looked so rich and I, I look like a mother who's gotten no sleep because of her new born child.

"Roseanne!" A voice called. I turned my head to find Haseul sitting at the bar. A black leather jacket with a white shirt, skinny jeans and boots. Looking so different than what she looked like at our appointment. It took me a second to recognize her outside of the hospital's dress code. She looked so much younger. "Come over here" she brightly smiled. Waving her hand.

I looked around once more to find people starring at me. I seemed so out of place, like I don't belong here. And I don't. "Hey", I smiled as I sat down. Feeling relieved we blended in together. Her short hair making her outfit look that much better. Down to her shoulders, naturally straight. "This club is too..."

"...Fancy. I know." She lightly laughed. "They have the best whisky, so I love it. And the jazz band is a chef's kiss" she made a hand gesture indicating just how much she loved it here. Making me laugh a bit. Outside of the office, she was so easy going, completely a different person.

I hadn't noticed the jazz band until now. They were setting up, a black grand piano on the small stage. Musicians with saxophones, trumpets, tubas, guitars, double bass, clarinets and other instruments. I had always been easily impressed by those who can play instruments. There's just something about the way they can make and connect with music so easily. Another reason why I fell for Sehun. It came natural to me.

"Do you come here often?" I asked.

"Every weekend, you can find me here"

"Have a boyfriend, girlfriend, partner?"

"When you're a doctor you have no time for that. Whiskey?"

I accepted the offer and she ordered a full bottle. As if we could finish that when we both drive. This wasn't a good idea. The roads are icy. The jazz band began to play before either of us took a drink of the bottle. Yet we talked and talked. She told me things I never thought I would hear about Alice. For example: Haseul and Alice both had a summer fling during their second year of College and stayed friends afterwards. I was shocked to hear that.

"Do you want some? I'm taking it home with me" she smiled. This whole time she kept smiling so brightly. Making my mood even better by the minute. "I'm telling you, it's good"