chapter vi

Neteyam was watching Z'awe sew a new top for herself

Neteyam was watching Z'awe sew a new top for herself. The intricate patterns and details of shells and crystals, it looked gorgeous.

"Can I help?" Neteyam asked, he liked just sitting with her, but he was getting bored and wanted to do something.

"You know how to?" Z'awe asked, she handed him the top as he nodded.

"I would help my mom make her, Kiri and Tuk's clothes since my dad was absolutely horrible at it, no one told him to his face and my mom would still wear the hideous things to make him feel better" Neteyam told her as he effortlessly sewed the top efficiently.

"My dad is better at making jewelry than clothes, he made all of our jewelry actually" Z'awe informed.

"Really?"

"Yup, it is his favorite pass time, we used to all spend time making jewelry, clothes, fixing fish nets" she said an affectionate smile oh her lips "Don't tell him I told you but Aonung is pretty good at it too, made me, Tsireya and my mother matching necklaces"

"Wouldn't have ever guessed, you close with your siblings?" Neteyam asked finishing the top and tying it off for Z'awe

"We used to all be very close, but as we got older and Aonung and I gained more responsibility we all drifted a bit" she said sadly. Z'awe truly missed the times her and her siblings shared as children, she sometimes wished her family wasn't so high in rank, but that's life I guess. "I miss them"

"Well, I'm sure they miss you too" he tapped her knee. "Here you go yawne" Neteyam handed her the clothing.

"Thank you Neteyam" she leaned over to peck his cheek, then stood up and walked to her marui.

Neteyam felt as if his whole body was on fire. His face got three shades darker, his tail swung behind him. He tried to stop it but to no avail his tail kept swinging. He tried taking deep breaths but nothing could stop his pounding heart.

Why am I so worked up over a peck on the cheek?...this is pathetic

‧˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

Z'awe was with Valsy, they were just swimming together. Z'awe had grew up with Valsy. Much like ikran, ilu's bond with one na'vi for life, yes they can make tsaheylu with others, but the true connection will always be with the their own kin.

Z'awe remembers bonding with Valsy. She was swimming with Aonung when she was a toddler. Ronel and Tonowari were watching them as Ronal held a baby Tsireya.

Under the water Aonung and Z'awe were playing around a coral and Z'awe foot had gotten stuck. Aonung tried pulling getting her foot free but no matter what they tried nothing worked. They were both still young and couldn't hold their breath as long.

Aonung pointed up and Z'awe nodded. As soon as he broke the surface he yelled for his parents.

"Mama! Pa! It's Z'awe! She's stuck!" Tonowari shared a panicked look with his mate before he ran in, telling Aonung to take him to her.