chapter iii

Soon after the training with the ilu's it was time for dinner, the fishermen calling for the children

Soon after the training with the ilu's it was time for dinner, the fishermen calling for the children. The Omatikaya's sprang up, the amount of swimming starving them.

"So how are you liking it here?" Z'awe asked Neteyam as she pushed a few strands of hair away from her face as they came up from the water

"It's alright, you have a beautiful home do not get me wrong, but I will forever prefer the forest" you understood where he was coming from you would always chose your home, a place where your body was adapted to and one you know like the back of your hand over a place that you don't know.

"I understand, you will learn in time" Z'awe said placing a comforting hand on his shoulder

"Well I have a great teacher" he said smirking down at her. Z'awe's eyebrows lifted in surprise.

"I know you are very lucky to have me, I am a busy women" Z'awe responded letting her hand slowly slide off his shoulder, leaving Neteyam breathless

"Yo Neteyam" they both turned at the voice of his brother "Come on dad's calling for us" Lo'ak said as he waved goodbye to Z'awe and Tsireya, with Tuk holding his hand and Kiri following, her arms crossed over her chest.

"I'll see you later?" Neteyam asked his tail swaying slightly in anticipation. Z'awe smiled and nodded and he gave her a grin and walked away with his siblings

"What was that?" A teasing voice asked. Z'awe rolled her eyes playfully before turning towards her sister.

"I could say that same for you Reya, with all the looks you and Lo'ak shared" Z'awe countered, smirking in victory as she saw a blush form across Tsireya's cheeks.

"He was giving me looks?" She asked, a shy smile on her face

"He was looking at you like he was about to pounce on you" Z'awe said rolling her eyes. Tsireya's eyes bulged but she let out a laugh.

"Sisters! Come we must go eat" Aonung shouted, the daughters of the Olo'eyktan went off to dinner arms interlocked.

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

Z'awe's family sat in silence as they ate. Aonung was shoveling his food down his throat while Tsireya gave him a disgusted look which he ignored.

Ronal was staring down her mate causing Tonowari to give her faux innocent look. She responded with a even harsher glare.

Ronal adored all of her children, yet something about Z'awe always stood out to her. Z'awe had a deeper connection to Eywa then her other kids, but ultimately Z'awe reminded Ronal of herself. Always striving to be better and never taking less than what you are worth, standing up for their beliefs no matter who was looking on. She taught her children to have high standards and never expect anything less when it came to your own happiness and future.

Z'awe truly loved her mother more than she could ever express. They were a tight knit family but something between Z'awe and Ronal was different from the rest. Z'awe felt that her mother was the only one to ever truly understand her feelings and her actions. Z'awe loved her father, they had something special but at the end of the day Z'awe was a teenager that was maturing a learning to stand up for herself ( what her mother always taught her )

Tonowari didn't want to let her go, she was already a full fledged adult in the Metkayina, she was growing up and he couldn't understand what happened. Z'awe came to him for everything, no matter the issue. Now she barley looked in his direction. He was frustrated he wanted his little girl that would follow him everywhere and copied everything he did no matter how challenging she found it. He wanted his baby girl back.

"Zaza?"

Z'awe looked up from her meal to her father who gestured to the beach with his head. They stood up together and walked out in silence with the rest of the family watching.

"Eat. Both of you stop being nosy" Ronal demanded the other two children looked away immediately at their mothers tone

"Mother you're looking too!" They both complained

They were waved off

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

The father and daughter walked in silence along their beach. It was a more secluded and private part of the land, only high ranking Metkayina had access to it

"I am sorry for what I did, I should've spoken to you with respect" Tonowari apologized, looking down at his little girl apologetically

"It is okay dad, I forgive you" Z'awe smiled up at her father. As much as she wanted to be angry at him she couldn't stay mad at him. Her dad was someone she looked up too, he was her role model.

Tonowari brought her into a bone crushing hug. "I miss our chats you know" he said as he released her, his hands staying on Z'awe's shoulders.

Z'awe felt a pit in her stomach, she felt guilty that her father felt as if she was pushing him away. She was just so busy with all of the duties of a new warrior and helping her mother who was newly pregnant.

She gripped his hands with her own "Me too papa" Tonowari's eyes softened at the name, he hadn't heard it in so so long, it was always so formal in public, now in their own home. He missed it so much

"Come we have a lot to catch up on" he patted her cheek and held out an arm for her, arms linked together the father and daughter walked along the beach together like old times

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

Boisterous laughs were heard through the family mauri. Ronal turned her head in the direction of the noise and she melted at the sight

Tonowari's arm was linked with his eldest daughter, her head on his bicep, right under his shoulder. Smiles so wide their mouths could split in two. Their bond had been repaired and stronger than ever and that's all Ronal wanted from tonight.

— 𝚛𝟹𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚠𝚑𝟶𝚛𝚎