Chapter 115: The Kent's

Start from the beginning

"More like Damian's only friend." Jon laughed.

"Give the girl some space, Jon." Lois spoke up before looking over to the bluenette. "Sorry about my son. He's been very excited to meet you. I'm Lois and this is my husband Clark." She gestured to the large man beside her.

"Hello." She waved and giggled a bit nervously at the two. It seemed to have just hit her that she was talking to Superman.

"Well she's refreshing." Clark looked over to Bruce. "Where did you find this little ray of sunshine?"

"See? I'm not the only one." Jason laughed.

Clark looked at him with confusion before Jason spoke up to clarify.

"Sunshine is one of my nicknames for Marinette." He reached over to pat the small girls head.

"Quit patting my head, Jay." She smacked his hand away. "I'm not a dog." She laughed.

"Why don't we head to the living room to talk." Alfred said. "I can take those for you if you would like." He pointed to the garment bags Clark was holding.

"Sure. Thanks, Alfred." Clark handed him the bags.

"So, have you been ignoring me on purpose?" Jon asked as they made their way to the living room.

"Yes." Damian said without remorse. He absentmindedly took Marinette's hand as they walked.

Jon laughed at Damian's bluntness before catching sight of his best friends' hand interwoven with Marinette's and abruptly stopped. "Woah! You're holding her hand?"

"Jon!" Clark snapped at his son and then shook his head.

"Sorry, Dad." He smiled nervously.

"Anyways." Bruce sat down on a large recliner and Selina sat gracefully on the arm of the chair with him. "Everyone have a seat. I'm sure you have some questions."

Marinette found herself sat between Jon and Damian on one of the couches. Kori and Dick took the loveseat while Jason and Tim took the other couch. Clark and Lois mirrored Bruce and Selina on the recliner across from them. Barbara just parked her wheelchair next to the couch Marinette was sitting on.

"You know." Clark smiled at Bruce. "I remember the days when you said you worked alone." He looked around at everyone in the room before settling his gaze back on the billionaire. "You were quite a liar back then."

"I suppose I was." Bruce had a ghost of a smile on his face.

"You don't sound like you are from Gotham, Marinette." Lois looked at the bluenette. "Are you French?"

"Yes." She smiled. "I'm from Paris."

"Cool." Jon grinned gown at her from where he sat beside her. "What's Paris like?"

"It's a beautiful city. Much calmer now that Hawkmoth is gone."

"Hawkmoth?" Jon looked at her with confusion.

"That's what I wanted to speak to you about." Bruce looked at Clark.

"Okay." Clark's face immediately looked serious.

"I'm guessing that you had no idea what was happening to Paris up until a few months ago?"

"No. Should I be concerned?"

"Not anymore. Marinette took care of it." He nodded his head in the direction of the girl. "Unfortunately, she had to deal with a supervillain terrorizing her city for years. We should be grateful for what she has done."

"Paris had been terrorized for years?" Clark had a genuine look of confusion on his face. "How did we not know?"

"There was a multitude of reasons." Bruce began. "For one, the Parisian government blocked any international media about it and two, Marinette's powers prevented any permanent damage."