Chapter 69: Trapeze

Start bij het begin

"Come on up." He yelled down at her.

Marinette made her way up and stood at the top to wait for Dick's instructions.

"On my way towards you, I want you to jump and grab onto my hands. You ready?"

"Yep." She smiled.

"There is a net at the bottom so don't worry about falling."

"I'm not."

Marinette let Dick swing a few times before she took her leap of faith. The two easily grabbed ahold of each other's wrist and then swung a few times before Marinette looked up at Dick with absolute glee.

"Keep our momentum going." Dick smiled back. "I'm going to need you to flip around in the air to grab the other trapeze. I know you can do this." He encouraged.

Marinette tilted her head back to get a better look at the trapeze in question. This is most likely where their work with the uneven bars came into question.

"I got this." She had a determined look on her face.

"Okay then. On our third swing I'm going to let go. You ready?"

"Yep."

Marinette counted each swing and on her third one, she easily flipped herself around to catch the other trapeze.

As the two were working on the trapeze, the other members of the family found themselves wrapping up their final workouts. One by one they all lined up to watch the duo fly through the air like it was the most natural thing. The more they got comfortable with each other, the more daring and amazing their tricks would become.

"You'd think Sunshine grew up in a circus too." Jason leaned over to talk to Tim.

"Yeah." Tim agreed. "That stupid trapeze isn't as easy as it looks."

"Look how happy Dick is." Bruce sat down next to the rest of his kids. "It's as if he is back in his natural habitat."

Damian watched in amazement at how effortlessly Marinette flipped from rope to rope and he had to admit to himself that he could probably watch her do this all day. Sure, it was cool to see Dick move in synchronization with her but in his eyes, Marinette stole the show.

All too soon, Bruce clapped his hands together to grab everyone's attention.

"It's getting late you two. Time to wrap this up."

"Okay." The two said in synchronized lackluster enthusiasm. They clearly wanted to keep going.

Their feet hit the pedestals at the same time like they were rehearsing this for years and then climbed down to meet with the rest of them.

"That was so much fun." Marinette gave Dick a high five.

"You guys put on quite a show." Jason leaned onto Marinette's shoulder. "You guy's should tour with that little act. People would pay good money to see it."

"Oh, I'm not much of a performer." Marinette waved the thought away. "I would much rather do that for fun."

"Yeah, and my performing days are behind me. But that was tons of fun. Haven't felt like that in years. I think my parents would have really liked you, Marinette." He smiled at the teen.

"Thanks." She smiled awkwardly. "I wish I could have met them."

"Well," Bruce gave them a small smile. "It's time to hit the showers. Sleep is important. Goodnight everyone." He began to walk off.

"Goodnight." They all called back in unison.

"I guess I should shower and get to bed. Damian and I do have to meet up with Harley and Ivy tomorrow."

"Oh, that's right." Tim spoke as they all headed for the exit. "I'm excited to hear how all of that goes."

"I'm not really looking forward to it." Damian scoffed.

"Oh, come on Damian. I think those ladies are great. They have been nothing but nice to me."

"Well yeah." Jason agreed. "They would have to be complete idiots or total psychopaths to not like you. Like that idiotic psychopath Lila." He laughed.

"I agree." Tim smiled as he turned toward his bedroom door that they finally reached. "Goodnight everyone."

"Goodnight." They all said as they split up to each go to their own rooms.

"I'll see you in a moment." Damian said to Marinette after everyone else had shut their door.

"Y-you can come take a shower with me if you want." Marinette blurted out and immediately began to blush.

Damian looked shocked for a moment at her straight forwardness before nodding with a mischievous smile. "I'll meet you there. Just let me grab some things."

Marinette had no idea where this burst of courage came from but she sure as hell wasn't going to back down now. Ignoring the knowing looks from her kwami's, she made her way into her bathroom to start up the shower and she quickly stripped down to get in and patiently wait for her soulmate to join her.