St. Anthony's Retreat

Start from the beginning

She was so anguished that it hurt to even breathe.  She was in so much pain looking at Narda's face, it felt like she was being crushed underneath her chest.

Narda ran to Regina, clasping her hand.   Regina kept fighting away from her touch, she then pounded on Narda's arm. Her fists landing on the petite woman's tensed upper body.

She wished she could inflict her the same pain that she was feeling right at that moment.

But something inside her stopped her. Soon her fists were landing weakly, until her hands could only hold on to Narda's shoulders. 

She then held her so softly.

She almost had to balance herself as she leaned on to Narda.

When she finally leaned on to Narda's broad shoulders, Regina had to slump down, almost stopping herself from kneeling to the ground.  She then started crying, a wail coming out of her scarlet-colored lips.  She heaved heavily as she tried to speak.

"Ang tanga tanga ko!! I gave you everything, I gave it all

"Ang tanga tanga ko!! I gave you everything, I gave it all ... What I showed was real ---- everything. Was nothing true to you? May totoo ba? I told you I did not want this but you kept on. Why? Why did you have to take it this far?  Ang tanga tanga ko..."

Regina kept repeating the words like it was a chant.  Narda had to support her, lifting her up to look at her in her dark eyes.

"Regina, maniwala ka --- totoo mga pinakita ko,ok? Sa umpisa, oo --- nagsimula sa kasinungalingan. Nagsimula sa mali. Pero Regina --- I fell for you.  Nakilala kita at nakita ko na ---- iba ka --- minahal kita. Mahal kita..."

"DON'T EVEN START

"DON'T EVEN START. Don't you dare use that word on me," Regina's words came out grave and harsh, backing away again from Narda. She pointed at her like she gave a warning.

"Regina, makinig ka, please... alam ko mali ako pero maniwala ka na totoo ako. Hindi kita papapasukin sa mundo ko dahil lang sa pera? Regina, kilala mo naman ako... naramdaman mo naman din siguro? Minahal kita."

"Do I really know you? As far as I am concerned I do not know where the fuckin' lies begin or end. Makasabi ka na mahal mo ako? Mahal? Pero niloko mo ako.   Ginawa mo akong tanga. You could have told me the truth!  Pero umabot pa sa ganito?!"