Expiration Date

Warning: This chapter is rated SPG.
Last long chapter.  Not the end yet.  Kalma po.

---------------

Narda and Regina were in the little room of the Nueva Esperanza home. The bed was stiff and almost threadbare. The pillows flat on their heads.  The room still smelled of katol and the breeze inside seemed humid. 

They had no electricity that night, Nueva Esperanza had blackouts once in a while, Narda explained.

But the two of them enveloped each other in their arms.  Regina rested on Narda's chest, hearing her girlfriend's fast heartbeat. 

Narda had a huge abaniko pamaypay that she flailed around, her strong arms fanning Regina.  The wind caught through on their faces. 

"Sorry, Regina... alam ko sanay si Kamahalan sa aircon.  Sa heated shower.  Walang ganyan saamin.  Kutis brownout ang girlfriend mo," Narda whispered.

"Yeah, I know.  I think I have mosquito bites all the way to my ass cheeks," Regina laughed.

"Ay! Patingin," Narda said widening her eyes, her hand smacking her girlfriend's ass.

"Oh my God, you would, manyak!"

"Ako pa manyak? Alala mo ginawa mo saakin sa bangka? Pang turista yun.  Ibang tourist spot ang nangyari doon.  Sa tingin mo matitignan ko pa si Ninong Klaudio sa mata? Tapos ng ginawa natin doon?  Grabe ka... akala ko makakasira ka na naman ng damit."

"Shut the fuck up!"

Regina pinched Narda's tummy as they stifled their giggles.  The two of them were trying to control their loud whispers and uproarious laughter.  Narda's little sister, Kylie was fast asleep on the mattress beneath them. 

Narda held down Regina's hands to stop her from pinching her.  They both had to smile at their silliness.

Narda brought Regina closer to her,  her fingers crawled on her smooth face, and sensually traced her soft lips.

"Mahirap katabi ka lagi matulog.  Masasanay ako," Narda murmured.

"You should get used to it.  Once we get our house... after you get out of med school.  Tapos, I am Atty. Vanguardia na.  We can get a house in the South... mas mura doon?  And then, we can own twenty cats.  And then... we will have a nice kitchen because we both like cooking.  And then... we shall have a mini theater since I am into films.  Tapos extra rooms for family visiting?"

Regina had dashes of sleep already in her voice.  Narda drew her closer and she lazily kissed her mouth as if it was the most natural thing, like it was just breathing.

She held Regina closely as she exhaled.  She started fanning rapidly again, trying to gather enough breeze around her girlfriend. 

She could see sweat forming on Regina's forehead and immediately she looked concerned.  She quickly swept up Regina's hair, waving the fan at a more brisk pace. 

"Tapos siguro... I probably have to get rid of my old Dodge ano?  We get more convenient cars, ano, Narda? Pero we should probably commute too.  Mas economic at better sa environment..."

Regina was dozing off, fighting away sleep.  But she started closing her eyes and she was soon fast asleep.  Narda drew her closer as she fanned her heated skin, kissing her pallid shoulder. 

"Kamahalan, mangangalay na ako dito," she whispered as she kept fanning her.

But beneath all of Narda's jokes, there was a certain solemnity as she looked at Regina with so much gravity and love.