Sometimes she always wondered if she deserved to be this happy.

Then she remembered this happiness had an expiration date.

Her phone was by her night desk. Illuminating in the dark room. She grabbed her phone and checked all her recordings. Her confessions to Regina ever since they got together.

She hated that she was a coward.

Narda hated that even her own truth was not her own to keep. She hated that someone like Carson Chu could dangle threats about her scholarship.

She hated that her choices were slim.

She despised that their love story had to start off because of her own desperation.

Narda looked at all the recordings and wondered how she could get Regina to finally learn the truth.

She knew their expiration date was coming soon.

She remembered what Carson Chu said about Anthony's Ball.

"Ano na academic dishonesty mo? Hindi ka pwede magsalita. Not until Anthony's Ball. Bayad ka na."

Narda started getting lost in her thoughts unable to sleep,  she thought of counting down until Anthony's Ball

Narda started getting lost in her thoughts unable to sleep, she thought of counting down until Anthony's Ball.

She will treat it like her expiration date.

Their expiration date.

She looked at the coming weeks, days, hours ---- maybe she did not deserve happiness, she thought to herself.

Maybe she did not deserve Regina.

But maybe they could at least have a proper countdown to Anthony's Ball.

Maybe in the remaining time, she could be the right girlfriend.

She owed Regina the truth.

She knew it was coming.

But for now it was like sand on her hands, she clutched desperately but it was all spilling out.

She had to face reality soon.

Narda looked at her phone again, she checked her recorded messages. She then set it up as files she would send later.

She entered the date to send the file links.

She titled the files "Narda's Confession".

She vowed she will tell the truth.

And Narda knew, the truth would be their expiration date.

-------------------------

And Narda counted the days.

She knew every single day had to count.