Ch.9

Doyoung pov:
I pick at the skin on my hands nervously as I wait outside of Taeyongs office. What could he have called me for? It was clear he stopped needing my opinion years ago. Our veiws are so different from eachother so I stopped speaking up in meetings until they finally just let me stop going to them. The door creaked open and Jaehyun slid out with his wide shoulders covered in thick steel. He must be heading back out to look for them.

"All yours."

He seemed irritated. Taeyong must still be refusing his request to send a search party by sea. It's actually a smart idea and if I were king that would have been at the top of my list. I compose myself a bit and confidently enter closing the door behind me. I take a seat across from my brother who sat with his head rested in his hand. His forehead had so many worry wrinkles and he looked like he hadn't eaten in few days. The stress was practically rolling off of him.

"Doyoung I know you understand how dire this situation is. And I know you and I have never seen eye to eye on things. But Johnny found this in the library."

My eyes went wide as he held my journal in his hands. The pages are filled with my strategies and thoughts on how to change our nation. It was clear our people aren't happy and neither are we. Something needs to change.

"Tae I- those were just dumb thoughts. I promise I'm not doubting you-"

he held up his hand to stop my blabbering and I quickly went silent. I watched intently as he flipped through the pages and gulped when he landed on the one about getting rid of the hierarchy.

"Doyoung these aren't dumb ideas. These are solid concepts. You had talked about ending war before but why did you never mention this?"

I scratch the back of head nervously. He's never complimented my ideas before.

"Our people aren't happy Yong. And look at you. You're writhing away. If we had a solid democracy then all the decisions and hard work wouldn't be put up to one person! The people would vote on their cabinet of leaders and all the decisions that affect their lives. Our riches would be spread evenly. What do we have in here that we couldn't have out there?"

My eyes sparkled with joy finally being able to appeal my thoughts without interruption. He sat still for a second looking at my work with his eyebrows knitted together. I watched carefully as he stood and slowly walked around the table to were I was seated. He took the silver crown off of his head and placed in my hands.

"Save our kingdom brother."

I looked at him in shock. Was he approving of this change? This also meant our sister wouldn't have to be married off. I'm sure he had changed his mind on that the second she was gone anyway. Just then Jaemin walked in with a worried looked. He had been trying to get taeyong to eat for a while now. He had come to argue with him again but seeing me he stoped in his tracks.

"Jaemin please escort Taeyong to his old room. He has a lot of rest to catch up on"

He looked at me confused but that soon turned to shock as he noticed the sharp piece of metal in my hands. He goes to bow to me but I place my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't do that brother. I'm not your king. You can call me the president for now"

Ji-won pov
I rub my eyes in frustration as I once again try to ignore the annoying voice waking me up.

"Ji-won I swear if you don't get out of bed right now I'm gonna drag you off myself!"

I groan seeing as I was on the top bunk and I knew he wasn't kidding. I didn't feel like starting my day on the floor. I jump down and slip on some training clothes Jisung packed for me and some tennis shoes before following Yangyang onto the deck. Ten and Jeno insisted that I still practice my fighting seeing as Changbin had no trouble kidnapping me. When we got to the deck it was completely empty of Taeils crew. Only my brothers filled the space as a few of them sat to watch and others were around doing their own thing. Ten tossed me a sword and I gasped at how beautiful it was. It's nothing like anything we have at the castle. This one was swirling together with long peices of jagged metal and jewels adorned the handle. The grip was so much more suitable for me than the bulky ones the boys use. Yangyang didn't allow too much time to admire the object because he immediately started to attack. I dodged swiftly and launched my own attacks as normal. I was focused on my opponent and the fight until something caught my eye. I saw Chan and Changbin walking together talking seriously. For some reason I was very curious to know what they were talking about. As soon as my eyes returned to the fight I was already on the ground with a blade at my throat.

"What happened Ji? You never lose to Yang"

I gulp and push my brother off me before dusting myself off.

"I just got a little distracted"

Yangyang started doing a victory dance and bragging to our brothers about finally beating me. I gulped as Jeno took a step forward and I realized I'd have to spar with him this time instead of Jaemin. Jenos fighting style was the opposite of Jaemins. Instead of quick loose blows Jeno was sharp and tactical. Every move he made was determined by my own. I got a few punches in here and there but once again ended up on the ground. I stay laying on the deck for a while to catch my breath which had been knocked out of me. A hand was held out to help me up and looked past it to see Chan's dumb smiling face.

"I think the princess could use a break don't you?"

He gave Jeno an almost challenging look wich made me laugh seeing as he returned it. That would be a fun match to watch. I accepted his hand and let him pull me to my feet using his shoulder as a support to steady myself.

"Taeil's asking for you in his office."

I don't know why he wants to see me but whatever it is can wait until our next meeting.

"I don't have anything to say to him. Why don't we take a walk instead. You and I have a lot to discuss."

He tried to argue on Taeil's behalf but I didn't let him get a word in as I started walking causing him to eventually follow. As we were walking I made him explain everything from our engagement to now.

"Your brother Renjun got in contact with me before the funeral. My parents were trying to sell me off as well and I hated it. I met Taeil and planned to sneak away with him but when Renjun explained that I could help you too I figured why not. I know how you felt and no one should have to be forced into something they don't want. So when my parents asked me if I had a preference I gave them your name. They were quite happy with my decision and set it up immediately."

I gasped and punched his side. This little prick knew about it the whole time! And my brother planned all of this?? I knew Renjun was smart but this??

"If you knew then why did you make it so uncomfortable in the garden?"

He laughed and put on the voice he used the day he talked about himself so much.

"It was fun to bother you. Besides I don't even know how to fence. And I don't have any pets"

I wanted to hit him again but he just kept laughing. What an idiot.

Bleeding crown (NCT X STRAYKIDS)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara