𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

Cora was a caring person, some argued she was in the wrong job- she constantly had to watch people die and have to walk away okay. Yet she felt that the more she loved each person the more she felt as though she was doing her job right.

Lacey broke Coraline's stare at the cake that was beginning to freak her out, "Why did you never tell me that you work with such attractive people?" She whispered while checking out every single person in the room.

Cora laughed and moved away from the cake because she could begin to feel its eyes move, "Because of the way you'd react," Lacey rolls her eyes and smiles at Bobby who walks over to them.

"I don't think we've met, I'm Captain Bobby Nash," He sticks out his hand and Lacey gladly takes it with a wide grin.

"I'm Baker Lacey Graves, at your service Cap," She jokes which was only funny to her, her humour was subjective and Bobby was not the right person to understand her.

He wearily smiled, "So you friends with Reyes?" he asked making Lacey shoot a small, unnoticeable to anyone else, look before responding to the man who stood taller than her.

"We've been best friends for years," She answers. A sound of heavy and quick footsteps interrupts their conversation and Lacey finds herself looking over the balcony to see Chimney walking to the steps.

"He's here," She uncontrollably smiles and waits for him.

As he gets to the top everyone shouts a commotion of different things but each and every person still felt unbelievably happy to have him back. His face was shocked as he looked at the small celebration thrown for him, the cake especially had drawn his attention.

"Wellcome back!" Cora cried hugging him as he walked up to her.

"I didn't buy you a cake when you came back," He whispered in her ear making her laugh. One thing that people ignore about Howie Han was his strength. His arms jokingly squeeze tighter until she taps out on his shoulders.

"Well I didn't come back after having a pole in my forehead," She smirks as he walks away to talk ro everyone else.

She glances at Buck who talks with Chimney but they catch each others eyes. Her heart fluttered a little as she smiled weakly at the man who didn't return the smile back. Lacey looked at her friend who looked at the man, her eyes squinted a little before she hoped to her friend, "So what happened between you two?" She asked hooking her arm around Cora's.

Cora laughed, "He saved me from drowning," She shrugged her eyes looking into Lacey's hazel eyes that judged her heavily.

"I know that you ass, but what about the weird look just?" She asked, Lacey often thought that she knew everything about love and so she loved to help her friend.

"Oh please, we're friends," Coraline backs herself up while looking at all of her friends, "Plus, I think he's seeing someone,"

Before Lacey can say anything else Cora moves to join the conversation around the table stacked with food next to Hen.

Athena Grant, one of the Los Angeles Police Officers, had joined them bringing some homemade cakes which she claimed were from her son and daughter. As she lets out a laugh it's cut short as a blonde woman stands at the top of the stairs.

Buck quickly walks to the woman and greets her with a large smile, Cora watches them unsure of what to do. She would walk over and meet her but she can't decide if she even wants to.

Cora dismisses the thoughts in her head and walks up to them to introduce herself, "Hi, you must be Abby?" She gleefully smiles as she stands in front of them, "I've heard a lot about you,"