Chapter 1 - Are You Deaf Or Something?

Start from the beginning

"Oh, please." Predictably, Cam scoffs a little, giving the book sitting in my lap a little glare, as though it's insulting him; then he says, "What's new in that? You're always reading something. Besides, I'm willing to give you a ride to the store. You just have to pick whatever you want. I'll even carry you to my bike if you're lazy enough to be needing that."

"No thanks." I scrunch up my nose in disgust, taking in Cam's sweat soaked appearance, feeling myself slip into la-la land as the half-rotating fan decides to turn towards me and shower me with cool air.

"You should really have an experience of la-la land," I mutter, and my brother rolls his eyes impatiently, his arms still crossed.

"No, thanks. I like sitting in sweaty conditions. Makes me feel manly."

Covering my ears with my palms and pushing myself off the bean bag with a scowl on my face, I drag Cam out of my room, with him laughing at my discomfort. I'd rather not hear about how manly he is.

He's my brother, for God's sake!

Once Cam is finally out of my room, he calls from the doorway and says, "Are you planning on changing at all, or would you be coming dressed like this?" The moment he asks this question, I frown, looking down at the navy blue summer dress I'm wearing, my mind drifting to the usual comparison it generally made when it came to me, Cam and my sister Bethany.

I close my eyes gently, feeling thankful that my back is facing Cam.

Cameron Collins: the handsome boy with his perfectly styled, gelled black hair, occasionally spiked or given the messy haired look; my brother never fails to look good, with his ear-piercing, tattooed arms, and pearly white teeth with a set of gorgeous brown eyes... girls go crazy over his smile, or so I've been told by him.

Compared to him, I look like a cow dressed in clothes which scream of nothing but poor sense and taste in fashion: I look boring with the chest-length black hair of mine, and a short and not-so-sexy figure, with dull brown eyes.

There's nothing bad about having average looks, but coming from a family which is gifted with good looks, like my sister Bethany, my mother and my aunt, I can't help but feel that I let them down; especially when I have my Mom and my sister constantly ready to remind me of the same.

Turning my attention to my brother, I sigh. "You're right. "I'll wear something more presentable."

"Ella, I didn't mean it that way-"

"Cam." I cut him off with a small smile, giving him an understanding look. "I know what you meant, okay? I'll change quickly. Now leave me alone... Shoo!"

The door closes shut and the sound of my brother's chuckle gets cut off as he walks away.

I look into the mirror resting gloriously above the dresser in the corner of my room. My eyes keep staring incessantly at my hips, my hands travelling down my sides to check whether I've developed any curves or whether I'm still a curve-less girl.

Today is no different.

With a pang in my heart, I slip out of the polka dotted summer dress and wear a loose, casual t-shirt and a pair of jeans, pulling my hair into a neat pony tail.

Lost in my own thoughts, I get dressed and am about to pick up my phone from the dresser when sharp rapping on the door snaps me back into reality; I take one swift glance in the mirror before walking towards the door to open it.

The moment the door swings open and my eyes glance up to look who it is, the familiar face of one of Cam's best friends makes me freeze.

Colton Andrews always has that effect on me.

It's not because I have a humongous crush on him. No, no... that'll be humanly impossible.

But it's because I'm terrified of him.

His bronze coloured hair always seems to fall on his deep blue eyes which have a spark in them, but somehow his dull expressions hide that spark insanely.

That arrogant and constantly irritated look on his face makes me want to puke in my cereal in fright. The way the black dragon tattooed on his neck peeps through his shirt sends a shiver down my spine, making me feel as though the dragon is breathing fire up my neck.

Colton's sharp jaw and cheekbones compliment his elegant facial features; his tall frame, his intense looks and the metal lip ring clad on his bottom lip give him an advantage to intimidate others, including me.

Colton Andrews clears his throat, putting a cigarette in his mouth and stares at me. I feel my toes curling in fright. But the moment he blows out a big puff of smoke on my face, I lose it.

Turning on my heel hastily, I scuttle back into my room, leaving him standing in the doorway with the cigarette between his lips.

"Hey," his husky voice says, and I don't reply, my body paralyzed and facing the wall. What is he doing in my room? But Colton answers my question as though he can read my thoughts.

"Cameron is calling you downstairs. Says he's hungry as fuck."

I cringe when I hear the F-word being uttered from his mouth, my breaths heavy.

Don't curse, for the sake of my summer dresses.

"Are you deaf or something?" he snaps suddenly and his voice is surprisingly closer. The next moment, his hand touches my shoulder. With my eyes widened, I jump violently and turn around to face him, taking a step back towards the wall.

Immediately, I am pinned against the wall with him breathing down my neck - just like his dragon tattoo which seems to be breathing up his neck; his lips touch me everywhere, making me uncomfortable, but after resisting him for so many excruciating seconds of my life, I succumb to his full lips travelling slowly up my collar bone.

And then he declares his undying love for me, and we live happily ever after.

Well, wipe that look off your face because that's not what happened.

If Colton Andrews touches me more than he already did, I would die of shock and fright. With him still towering over me, I dare to take a peek at Colton's expressions, and he doesn't look dandy.

And then I do the most unexpected thing ever... not.

I just plain, flat out ignore him and scurry out of the room, as far away from 'Lip Ring' as possible.

****

Hey guys, welcome to the first chapter of 'Cigarettes, Rebels, And Me' :) Thanks a lot for checking it out!

Please do leave a vote, and comment what you thought about the chapter!

-Crazy