Chapter 37 - What's the Motive?

Comenzar desde el principio

You can even bring Chanel 

I scoff. I was going to bring Chanel anyway. Chanel would be wherever Mila and I are. 

I screenshot the message and send it to Chanel before even thinking to reply. This reply needs thought and it I needed to stay on her good side until this song comes out. 

"Breakfast is here!" Flex's voice comes from the living room. 

I'm not sure my stomach is set up for food right now. The smell of the eggs and bacon from the living room was actually making me more nauseous. 

"Get out of bed, we got jets to ski." Flex's broad white smile stares at me from the room door. I watch as it fades. 

"Woah, you look like you bout to throw up." He takes a step back as if he isn't already multiple feet away from me. The sound of even the word makes my stomach bubble. I jump out of the bed unable to hold it any longer and run to the bathroom. 

"Damn, Trev. Can't party with the big f-" He stops mid-sentence. "Your phone ringing player. It's Chanel." I'm surprised I can hear him over me hacking up a lung.

"Yes little miss, we are having a beautiful time. How are you and my fiancé?" He questions in a sweet tone. 

"We bout to go hit up some jet skis once your man stops throwing up." Flex says.

I kick the bathroom door as a warning to him while more of last night's festivities makes its way out of my stomach. 

"I mean.. he's brushing his teeth." Flex corrects. I roll my eyes. 

"No, he's fine. He's a MAN before he ya baby." Flex says in an argumentative tone. I can hear Chanel's concern on the other end but cant make out her words.

"No, you may not talk to him." Flex says jokingly but I know he is absolutely serious. "Because we're about to go jet skiing, he will call you la-ter." He stretches out the word. 

"Trev, tell her you're good." He yells into the bathroom. 

I let out a moan. My head resting on the bathroom sink. Surprisingly I did feel a little better. 

"See!" Flex exclaims with a large smile. "Bye." He says hanging up the phone. I can't imagine Chanel said bye. He probably just hung up on her.

"You good?" Flex checks. 

"I'm good. Need a min." 

"You got ten. Jet skis wait for no one." 

He taps the bathroom door twice and then exits my room.  

______ 

I've never been on a jet ski before. I've driven a bike and a car. That's about where my expertise end. Ain't no jet skis in Brownsville. Though they've given me a life vest, I'm still skeptical about driving this vehicle into the great abyss. The ocean is unfamiliar and has never been something i'm willing to explore.  I must admit to it's beauty though. These Malibu waters are bright blue and crystal clear. 

We get on to our individual skis on a beautiful private beach but before we speed off, we realize two people in the distance, walking towards us.