The Transient Realm (2)

Start from the beginning

Cui Wang's lips were pressed tightly into a flat line, revealing his opposition; nevertheless, he still explained:

"The shadow play is not over."

"State Preceptor, do you mean that... we still have to continue acting?"

"Yes."

Cui Wang nodded.

For some reason, Zheng Wan felt that the temperature around her had suddenly dropped by a lot. She couldn't help rubbing her shoulders:

"It's so cold."

It was cold, no doubt, but she was in a rather good mood.

This transient realm was turning out to be a blessed place for her; things were going in the direction she wanted.

Didn't Cui Wang dislike her, and constantly rejected her?

But he still had to act out this play with her like a marionette. It would be even better if this shadow play had a consummation scene. If it did, she wondered if the young Sword Sovereign would sacrifice that pure and noble body of his for the sake of breaking out of this realm.

......By that time, he wouldn't be able to shake off his responsibility even if he wanted to.

Zheng Wan's heart was full of inappropriate thoughts, but her face bore the expression of an aggrieved young wife; she went over to the table with reddened eyes, mustered her courage and filled the nuptial wine cup, then sat down.

Cui Wang moved faster than her. He had already filled his cup, and was waiting for her with one arm outstretched.

The wide sleeves of the red mangpao fell upon the edge of the table, looking charming in the candlelight.

Zheng Wan looked at him and slowly reached out her arm, wrapping it around his right arm like a vine.

Beneath the flesh of the man's arm were bones of steel and iron. Both of their clothes were extremely thin and when pressed together, she could feel Cui Wang's robust and stretched tendons. Touching them felt like touching velvety cold iron.

She glanced faintly at him:

"State Preceptor, Wan'niang can drink this nuptial wine; I won't hold you responsible either. Just look at me and tell me honestly, is Wan'niang really ugly?"

Father once said when he was drunk that he fell in love with Mother when their eyes met in a crowd; she would try this method out today.

If she failed again...

Well, she just had to redouble her efforts.

Zheng Wan was still inwardly anxious, but Cui Wang had already raised his eyes to look at her.

Those eyes were extremely beautiful; the tails of the eyes were long and narrow, and long raven eyelashes cast fan-shaped silhouettes on his face. Candlelight cast overlapping shadows into his eyes; they seemed as if a burning flame had been ignited-and those flames carried a surge of affection.

Zheng Wan only felt that there was a scorching hot, yet icy cold blade hidden in his gaze. It scraped across her face inch by inch, causing a shiver to run down her spine. Her eyes watered from her prolonged staring, and she blinked unknowingly.

Cui Wang nodded and said:

"Zheng Qingwu1, you have indeed been born with an excellent physical appearance."

With this sentence, Zheng Wan was satisfied.

She wrapped her arm tighter around his. The wide sleeves of her red wedding gown slipped down, revealing a frosty wrist as fair as snow, and red-painted fingernails. Under the candlelight, they actually seemed breathtakingly magnificent.