With that, he grabbed his jacket from the chair by BooBoo's abandoned tattoo station and tossed it over his right shoulder, wincing at the feel of the bandage on the newly inked skin.

==========

"Harry!" Kenny chastised. "How are you the one who always manages to get into these situations? I'm dead serious. A tattoo that says 'Late Late'? What on earth were you thinking?"

"If I were a thinking man when it came to my tattoos, there is no way I'd have written 'big' on my big toe."

"That's insane!" She sipped at her water, laughing. "Oh! I'm gonna go talk to Cara. Later, H!" With a chaste kiss to his jawline, Kenny danced across the room, giggling as she approached their mutual friend.

Proceeding to the counter to get another glass of water, Harry was pleased to spy Nataley standing awkwardly in the hallway.

"You came!" he bellowed over the blaring music as he approached her. "Alone?" Looking around, he didn't spy her friend Bethany.

Nataley waved her hand in the general direction of the bar. "She's over there somewhere even though she promised she wouldn't drink. She's my ride home."

"Ah. How about you?"

"Huh?"

"What do you want to drink?" As the music had been cranked even louder, Harry had to lean over to speak in her ear.

"Water!" Nataley yelled back, and Harry nodded, not quite understanding why he was pleased with her response. After all, she was in the kind of situation that might make her want to be fully alert -- being in a strangers' house with people she doesn't know.

Grabbing another glass from the stack, he filled it with ice and added water. Damn. Should have asked her if she wanted still or sparkling. Making his way back to Nataley, he spied her chatting with Glenne.

"Wish I'd asked if still was okay." Handing over the glass, Harry smiled shyly.

"Still?"

"Some people like carbonated water," Glenne shared.

"I've heard of that! But no. I'm used to plain old tap water. So what is it you do, Glenne?" Nataley grasped the glass and took a sip following her question.

Leaving the two of them to their conversation, Harry joined Jeffrey and Cameron who were attempting to dance to Taylor's 'Wildest Dreams'.

"Seriously? I thought you were on my side!" His pretend outrage included crossing his arms and a fake glare.

"Quit pouting," Jeffrey teased. "I wish someone would write a song about me!"

"Ha. Ha." Harry laughed mirthlessly. "Maybe I will one day."

With a raised eyebrow at the comment, Jeffrey smacked him on the shoulder. "Get over it, man! So a gorgeous and popular woman wrote a song about you. Come dance."

Rolling his eyes, Harry gave in and practiced some of his dance moves, but the few he knew didn't really mesh well with this particular song. Cam, acting his usual goofy self, was making dramatic sweeping gestures purely to mess with Harry. At least that's what he suspected. Luckily, 'Can't Feel My Face' came on next, and Harry was able to pretend to bust a move. His friends, used to his ineptitude in this arena, gave him plenty of space. The next time he glanced at where Nat had been, she'd disappeared from that spot. Surveying the room, he found her dancing to 'I'm Gonna Lose You' with some guy Harry didn't recognize. Because she appeared to be having fun, he let her be. At the end of the song, he lost track of her again because Kendall swiveled her hips into his as 'Uptown Funk' began, and he was lost in this game they had been playing for the last few weeks.