10.

"...this is stupid." tightening his hold on his pants legs minho took careful steps forward with a grimace. each step he took he could feel more and more water seeping into his sneakers, the nasty feeling of his wet socks clinging to his feet making him want to give up completely.

not to mention his hood had fallen down at some point and he was too preoccupied trying to keep the thick fabric of his jeans out of the mucky rainwater to fix it.

making a face as he lost his footing slightly minho took a second to breathe, his jaw locked with agitation as cold water trickled down his face. i'm about to end it right here i swear.

"what the hell are you doing in the rain idiot?" approaching minho with way less caution than the older man was taking hyunjin peered at his friend.

"taking a fucking bath hyunjin—what's it look like?" giving hyunjin a nasty look minho huffed, the taller snorting in response.

"you look like you fell into a pond." grabbing minho by his sweater sleeve hyunjin tugged his friend closer until mimho was safely under the protection of his snoopy themed umbrella.

"thanks," grunting softly minho shook his head, hyunjin flinching as water hit him in his face. gross.

"what are you doing in the rain?"

"jeongin texted me and said you were on your way here for studying—i was waiting on you." hyunjin mumbled with a shrug. minho humming "you don't get brownie points for that."

snorting the taller nodded, a dry smile on his lips "you're welcome."

elbowing the boy gently minho rolled his eyes "thank you."

"mhm—where did you go yesterday?"

"hm?" trying not to hog all the umbrella minho hugged himself a little as he and hyunjin walked towards the library building. he wasn't the biggest fan of studying—he didn't really need to study. he had a pretty good way of pertaining the information quickly and that always worked for him. but—he also was bad at second guessing himself sometimes.

so last minute studying was something he had decided to do despite the gross and dreary weather.

"last night? you didn't answer your phone until super late which is unlike you." hyunjin pointed out.

"i was out—doing school stuff." choosing to be elusive for a few reasons minho shrugged his shoulders.

"school stuff..okay. with jisung?"

narrowing his eyes minho looked at his friend, the teasing tone that laced hyunjins words making his stomach hurl "how'd you know?"

"lucky guess." keeping his answer quite simple hyunjins smile widened a smidge.

"what do you know that i don't?"

chuckling hyunjin cleared his throat before responding "i share a class with one of jisungs friends and i overheard them talking."

"well, it wasn't anything like that."

"i didn't say it was." hyunjin mused as minho almost bumped into him, his friend shrinking away from the rain like a scaredy cat.

"you insinuated it. he asked me to help him study because he needed the help." minho grumbled wiping his forehead. i want to get inside now.

"what did you get out of it?" making sure he had a good hold on the umbrella hyunjin used his other arm to pull minho closer into him.