Chapter Twenty Six - The Celebrations

A week has gone by since Darth Sidious, the last sith lord, died. The whole galaxy was celebrating, even the systems under separatist control. 

On Coruscant, at the jedi temple, freshly rebuilt thanks to the jedi council, the jedi and senators were in the burial chamber, burying their fallen. 
"Barriss Offe, died as she lived, with Honor and compassion, she died saving Senator Padme Amidala" Master Kenobi stated, the jedi and senators watched as Barriss' coffin was lowered into the ground and then there was a beam of light that shot out into the sky. 
"Master Kit Fisto, died saving four younglings, lived and died as an honourable member of the jedi council" Master Kenobi continued, they watched as his coffin was lowered into the ground, then a beam of light shot out into the sky.

After the funerals, Anakin and Ahsoka went out to the balcony of the jedi temple and looked out to the peaceful city that they saved, smiling. "We did it, the war is over, the galaxy is save" Ahsoka stated. "We did, it is" Anakin replied and kissed her on the cheek, his hand on her waist. They celebrated the end of the war for the rest of the night. 

They then went home, placing their lightsabers down on the bedside table. 

They then got themselves undressed and climbed into bed, they stayed up all night, talking and discussing their future with each other and their children and what they will do to make a living after Anakin leaves the order and where they were going to move to, to live, to settle down, to call home, as they knew that they wouldn't call Coruscant home. 

When the sun came up in the morning, they smiled at each other, knowing today was the day that everything they have known up to this point of their lives were going to change for the  better, Anakin jumped out of bed, pulled on his jedi master robes for the first and last time, then holstered his lightsaber, and looked at his wife. "See you soon my love" He said and strode out of the bedroom and then out to the landing pad where his starfighter was landed. 

He jumped into the cockpit and took off from the pad and flew to the jedi temple, landing his ship on the far east landing pad. Jumped out and strode to the jedi council chambers, where he stood in the middle of the room. 

The jedi masters of the council were surprised, all except for Obi Wan, to why Anakin wasn't sitting on his newly appointed seat of the council. "Take a seat Master Skywalker, we have much to celebrate and to discuss, now that the war is coming to an end, the separatists have no more leaders, no more sith" Master Windu stated. "We have indeed brought peace to the galaxy, but Masters, the jedi order is no longer my home, it's no longer my calling, or my destiny, i know that you all see me as the Chosen One, but i am no longer needed, like you said the sith are no more, the force is now back in balance" Anakin said. 

"What are you saying Master Skywalker?" Master Mundi asked

"What are you saying Master Skywalker?" Master Mundi asked. "I am saying that i resign from the jedi order, i want a normal life, a life with the one i love, the one i call my wife, Ahsoka Tano. We have been married for some time now, and we are expecting a child, and we knew attachment was forbidden but we couldn't hide from our feelings any longer, and if its ok with you I'll be keeping my lightsaber, goodbye Masters, Obi Wan, thank you for everything you've done for me, and Ahsoka, you have been the father i never had, and you've been the best of friends. Mat=y the force be with you, always" Anakin said and turned his back on the masters of the jedi council and started to walk out of the chamber.

"Anakin, You may no longer be a jedi but you are still connected to the force, so keep your saber, and may the force be with you always" Master Mace Windu said, finally showing Anakin the respect he deserved. The other Masters also bid Anakin good will and goodbye, then watched as Anakin left the chamber and the temple. 

Anakin made his way back home, to his wife, Ahsoka. 

Once he got home and entered the door, he was greeted by a passionate kiss.