And ever since then, she had being doing exactly that. Just making sure to focus on herself, her health, fitness, and her money. And in all of those aspects, Kasie's life was going great and everything was perfect. But still, it felt like something was missing.

"Oh him." Sasha laughed, thinking back to the time Kasie ranted to her on the phone about the guy who hadn't even left her penthouse yet.

"Yeah, him." She rolled her eyes, turning up the speed on the treadmill. "I just don't understand why he would lie about his size if he knew I was going to see it eventually." She maintained a level voice as she ran.

"That's men for you, honeybun." Sasha wiped some stray tears away from her laughter. "But forreal, you should come see me. We have to find your dress, too." She changed the topic back to why she initially called.

"I thought you said you found it already?" Kasie frowned, looking down at her phone.

"No, I found the other girls dresses since they live here. I haven't found yours yet, you haven't tried any on." Sasha explained.

"Tried them on for what? I thought you were supposed to pick them out and I just get my measurements and stuff done." Her frown deepened.

"No, I need you looking good. I don't want to pick out something and then it not look stunning on you. I need you to match my fly like we've been doing since we were thirteen." Sasha laughed.

"Okay." Kasie sighed, rolling her eyes once she heard Sasha squealed in excitement.

"Great! Also, I have my designer coming down here when you do so he can get your measurements." She chirped, beyond excited to see her bestie.

"It's a custom dress?" Kasie's eyes almost shot out her head. She knew Dante made bank, but not this much. They were already paying for all their guests expenses to fly down, stay, and fly back from Greece.

"Yep. I told you I only want the best for you. Andddd, just putting it out there, Dante still has the money set aside for your plus one." Sasha smirked, wiggling her eyebrows at Kasie who just groaned.

"Tell him to invest it into some Crypto currency. I'm coming by myself." Kasie grabbed her Gatorade, taking a sip from it as she continued running with only forty-five seconds left.

"Oh come on. You can't be telling me that you've met absolutely no one." Sasha's jaw dropped. Kasie had been the same ever since high school; uninterested in the male species. Although she did have a long time boyfriend for three years, which was a shocker to everyone. But other than that, Kasie had no desire to commit herself to a man, she didn't think anyone was special enough to get her time and energy.

Kasie loved hard, so if she ever came into contact with someone who she felt deserved it, and they ended up doing her wrong, she'd most likely end up calling it quits and becoming a dog mom like she said she would when she was ten.

Additionally, Kasie was a busy woman who didn't have all the time in the world to chill everyday. That was one of the main reasons Kasie was single, she didn't have the time. Shit, she barely had the time for herself, let alone to invest into someone else.

"That's exactly what I'm telling you, and have been for the past four years." She rolled her eyes, making sure to breath in through her nose and out through her mouth as she finished up her last interval.

"Kasie Monroe Montgomery." Sasha scolded. Even though she knew how Kasie was, she still wanted her to put herself out there more. She was only twenty-four and acted as if she was in her late thirties.

"No, nope, not having this conversation anymore. Next subject." Kasie shook her head, already knowing how Sasha could get. She'd probably end up going on for hours about how Kasie should invest her time into extracurriculars outside of work. Honestly, Kasie had probably heard the speech so many times that she could recite it to herself.

"Fine. But we're only putting a pin in it. I'm not done talking about it." Sasha shook her head. "How's the business going?" Sasha sighed, stirring her mimosa.

"Good. They took the deal." Kasie smiled, turning down the speed on the treadmill yet again, doing her cooldown as she concluded her final set.

"Ah! That's great, babe!" Sasha gushed, beyond excited for Kasie. She knew how big the deal was since they'd talked about it before.

"We need to celebrate." Sasha more so demanded than proposed. "Yes, we are celebrating. Oh, but where? Ou! Miami." She spoke to herself.

"I don't think we need to-"

"Hush! We are celebrating your big deal." Sasha demanded. Kasie held her hands up in surrender, letting Sasha's imagination run wild with the thought of a celebration.

"Yes ma'am." Kasie chuckled, completely turning off the treadmill.

"Great! We are you free?" Sasha asked, pulling her computer in her lap to text her fiance that she would need their jet soon.

"Um, I'm booked out until the 28th." Kasie thought about what she had to do for a minute.

"Great. We'll meet down there on the 28th and partying on the 29th." Sasha nodded. "After that, I don't know, it's up to you."

"Party on a Sunday?" Kasie frowned. To her, it sounded like some old people shit.

"Yes. Oh shit! We can host it at your club um--"

"Ocho." Kasie finished her thought.

"Yes there. We can book a section, invite some of your friends and partying like there's no tomorrow. Maybe you can get you some too." Sasha smiled at the idea.

"You are way too invested in my sex life." Kasie laughed, making her way over to her yoga mat to stretch out her body.

"I wouldn't say in your sex life specifically, more so your relationships with men in general. But can you blame me? You barely fuck with people."

"Point made." Kasie chuckled, stretching as she listened to Sasha go on and on about the party she was planning.

It was times like this when Kasie thought about just how grateful she was for her bestfriend. She loved how Sasha would go above and beyond for her, even when it came down to the smallest things. Sasha was really her person.

The first couple chapters are purely informational so I can get all the small details out the way. But after that... shits about to get good! 😘