007: Angry Omegas

(Jin's Point Of View)

I arrived at the front of the Omegas chambers and knocked on the door with a bit of hesitation at the blooming sound of laughter and exhilaration that was coming from the other side that instantly died at the sound of my knocking.

I took a step back, loitering with moistened hands clasped on the sides of my skirt.

Soon, the door opened to reveal one of the Omegas I discerned as Fanxing. The Omega in a veil ransacked me over with his judging and puncturing eyes. "Is there something you need?"

I nodded. "Is Xiao Zhan in, I need to have a word with him,"

The Omega's brows narrowed. "I don't think he would want to see you,"

I opened my mouth to speak but Xiao Zhan's voice from the insides intruded.

"Let him in FanXing, it's getting drudging in here, let's hear what he has to say,"

Fanxing peered at me skepticism for a second longer before he stepped out of the way and let into the Omega's chambers with more than ten beds.

Xiao Zhan was already waiting in the middle of the room with his arms crossed over his chest. I advanced.

"Start talking, I don't have time to fascinate servants," there was no epitome of sentiment in his tone.

I cleared my throat. "I want you to relinquish your forces," I went straight to the point and gasps crammed the room and every Omega was jumping to their feet but Xiao Zhan held his hand up, silencing them, and stared at me with a gaze that urged me to continue and I did. "The King is a malignant man and once he comes to know of your purpose here, your end would be worst than the fate of the previous omegas,"

"Perhaps you might to rehearse that, I didn't quite hear you clearly," he derided.

"I believe you heard me clearly,"

"Maybe I did but I didn't understand because you were spatting gibberish, Jin!" He glared roughly and he looked like he was combatting the voices in his head to fling me out the nearest window. "Did you realize the words that came out of your mouth, they bring nothing but dishonor to your tribe and fellow Omegas,"

The grip on my skirt tightened. "I do this because it's the best for you and everyone,"

"You know nothing Jin. You are bedazzled by the infatuation you have for Prince Haikuan to make you forget where you came from. No matter how much you make yourself smell like a Beta, you are still an Omega and you will forever be!"

"You know nothing of how I feel for the prince, Xiao Zhan!" I gritted, feeling attacked.

"Perhaps I don't and I don't ever want to know. Unlike you, I'm not blinded by some outrageous puppy love. I swore to protect my tribe and I shall stand by my word to the last drop of my blood and you can not stop me," he snarled. "You have ruined us and yourself enough, don't bring in more damage. We don't need a traitorous omega like you,"

"If you don't stop this madness, I will report to the King of how the prince's future consort has been flirting with the Commander shamelessly,"

He laughed at my face as if that was the funniest joke one had very made to his hearing. I felt slapped. I just wanted him to stop this madness. More people were going to die.

"You would want that wouldn't you?" His eyes turned gloomy and he was suddenly crowding my space, possessing an intimidating aura that was rare for an omega to have. "You think the King would believe a lowly servant like yourself? How about I inform him, I'm sure the King would love to know how a servant close to the crown Prince is infatuated with him to the point of using a love tonic,"

I gasped. "I would never do that!"

He laughed. "But the King doesn't know that, does he? I will make sure to be at the front roll and watch with zeal as you get slaughtered in the most worthless way a person could die,"

I glared at him angrily. "I won't let you threaten me, I was once your leader,"

"A person who forgets his background and duties to his people is not my leader and he would never be. Get out, Jin before I hurt you myself, and don't do anything that would come between the plans I've made, I'll make you regret it," he backed away from me and I looked at the other Omegas and they held the similar gaze as Xiao Zhan and I realized, they didn't want me here. I failed them once.

"I hope you will heed my words, Xiao Zhan, I'm only looking out for you and everyone else," without another word, I swerved to leave but his voice made me pause.

"You are the reason half of our tribe is gone and we will never forgive you. You lost your home and place the day you chose the enemy over us,"

"Prince Haikuan is not an enemy," and with that, I stormed out of the chambers with a guilty filled out and once I was out in the hallway and away from their hateful gazes, I fell to the floor and broke down, uncaring who saw me.

"I'm sorry!" I cried. I know I had failed them, my tribe but there was nothing I could do. There was no way I could return with that shame and defeat. I couldn't return and bare to look at their faces.

"Jin,"

My train of thought was stopped, so did my wailing at the familiar voice and I slowly lifted my head to find Haikuan's face closer to me with worry written all over it. "Your Highness," I ducked my head but he didn't let me as he cupped my face and locked our eyes, then he was wiping my tears with his thumbs.

"You don't look pretty when you cry, tell me what's wrong,"

My eyes peeked at both sides of the hallway to find the little crowd we had gathered at the scene. "Y-your highness, you shouldn't be doing that. The King is going to kill me if he finds out you cleaned my tears, I'm just a servant,"

I was once a leader who gave up everything for you. I wanted to add but I held back the words.

He reached for my wrist and helped me to my feet. "Since you don't want us to do this here, perhaps somewhere more private,"

That was worst than the public show of affection but he didn't let me protest before he was dragging me toward the direction of his chambers.

To be continued…!