Cԋαρƚҽɾ 3 - Tԋҽ Hαɠ σϝ Hαƈƙҽƚƚʂ Qυαɾɾყ

The six of us are now sitting around the campfire beer bottles in hand. Tori's had two bottles and counting, I've only had a small bit of one bottle. Right now everyone is telling their "bad dates" stories. Somehow, the conversation turns to ghosts. I've been pretty quiet all night, and ghosts is my special expertise, so I seize my moment.

"Have you guys ever heard of The Hag of Hackett's Quarry." I start.

"The fuck is that?" Tom asks.

I ignore his assholeish behaviour. "Well, the story goes that 7 years ago there was a travelling circus-"

"Travelling circus? They still do that?" Parker interrupts.

"I guess so." I answer.

"So, in the circus there was an old woman who was a fortune teller and she had a son, one day the carnival catches fire, and it kills like everyone, including the fortune teller and her son. Some people say they can here whispering in the woods the hag calling for her son, some people can scene see her. And the she'll like, kill you, or something. I'm not quite sure, but that's The Hag of Hacketts Quarry."

"Okay, lame." Tom unsurprisingly chimes in.

"How so?" I ask.

"That's such bullshit, me and Parker were in the woods for ages and we didn't hear or see a thing." He says.

"That's probably because you were too busy trying to get it up." I snap back.

Damn, where did that come from.

"Yo, what the hell?" Tom complains.

"Calm down," Ben says. "It was a joke." He mimics Tom from earlier.

Tom crosses his arms like a toddler and goes silent.

"Okay, enough of all these stories." Tori says. "Let's get down to the juicy stuff."

"What do you mean?" Liam asks.

"Uh oh." I say.

Tori continues, "I mean truth. Or. Dare."

Gee. Where have I heard this one before?