Chapter 111-115

Zacznij od początku

"Right. This servant has prepared everything. Don't worry, my Lady." Liang-momo brought Su Shuilian a pot of hot tea since she noticed that Shuilian wasn't asleep. Although their Guye wasn't home, they wouldn't neglect their preparation for the New Year. After working for the Prince's Mansion for so many years, it would be belittling of Liang-momo if she couldn't handle it.

"I wonder if A Yao could return on time." It was the second Lunar New Year's celebration since they'd known each other. She didn't want to celebrate it without him.

"Guye has excellent martial skills; he'll return safe and sound. My Lady, you don't need to worry too much." Inwardly, Liang-momo wasn't sure that their Guye would come home before the New Year's Eve. Afterall, it was at least four hundred kilometers from here to the West Corridor. On carriage, it would take three or four days to get there and return, but that did not include the time needed to take care of important business. However, Liang-momo believed in Guye's extraordinary martial arts, so she hoped that he would return on time.

-----

"Where is your icy-cold husband? He's not home?" Early on the last day of the year, Jiang Ying Yun rode her luxurious carriage of Yue Yun Embroidery House, bringing the New Year's gifts. She asked curiously as she didn't see Lin Si Yao who had always stayed behind or beside Su Shuilian.

"Mhm, he had something to take care of, so he is not home at the moment." Su Shuilian answered as she fed Lin Long.

"It's almost the New Year. What's more important? Ha!... Did he go to imperial city to deliver the New Year's gifts to his in-laws?" Jiang Ying Yun couldn't help but tease.

Su Shuilian paused before realizing what she had just heard. Oh right, it is common sense to send New Year's gifts to her parents. It was just because Wangye Jing and Wangfei Jing had stayed in her house for so long, she had forgotten and just treated them as their distinguished guests. There was no need to mention A Yao. Since he was small, he had gotten used to living alone. Murdering people was his job. His knowledge in perfunctory rituals were minimal.

"Young Lady, when our Elder Wangfei left, she told us that this place is too far away from the imperial city. You and Guye don't need to burden your mind with these things. You just need to take care of our Young Master and Young Lady." Liang-momo intervened when she noticed Su Shuilian's difficult expression.

"Right. Moreover, the imperial city is in chaos now. You'd better not go there." Jiang Ying Yun saw Liang-momo come with a dish of aromatic snacks and had a sudden urge to eat. Picking up a , she took a quick bite before speaking.

"The imperial city... is in chaos? How did you know that?" When Su Shuilian heard that, she remembered what A Yao had told her before he left. She hurried to ask.

"Every week, our embroidery house will send a troop of carriages to the imperial city. How could I not know that?" Jiang Ying Yun recognized the worry in her voice. She thought that the other was scared for Wangye Jing and Wangfei Jing in the imperial city. She waved her hand, comforting her. "Don't worry. I heard that some criminals came from the North. They should be captured by now. Your parents are in the Prince's Mansion. They are fine."

"Hopefully so." Su Shuilian nodded, feeling a little embarrassed. In fact, she only missed A Yao. She had almost forgotten that now she had parents and a brother to think about.

-----

"Any news?" Liang Xuan Jing entered the study room. In a serious tone, he asked his son, who was frowning while he sat in front of his desk.

"Father," When Liang En Zai saw Liang Xuan Jing, he relaxed. Rubbing the high, straight bridge of his nose, he slightly shook his head. "Nothing. According to the intelligence from the North border, Blood Union Empire has sent twelve Blood Knights to Da Hui Empire. However, we still have no clue where they are."