9.

(Tw:sexual assault)

Aaliyah's POV

"Hey" I looked to my side and saw Mike walk into the kitchen as I was making some coffee "hi" I coldly said looking away from him.

"How are you?" He asked me "I'm good"

A few seconds went by and I felt his presence behind me "Mike.." he pushed himself against me which made me extremely uncomfortable. I don't want this man at all and he doesn't know what personal space is.

"I can give you everything you ever wished for. You're in an arranged marriage, you're not married to the person you love so you can do whatever you want, with whoever you want" he whispered in my ear.

"I don't want anything with anyone other than Kelly" I turned around wanting to push him back but he held my wrists tightly "she doesn't even like you. She likes owning people. She thinks being married to you means she owns you. She doesn't love you, she never will so stop trying to make her love you. She's just incapable of being loved or loving someone. Kelly's messed up in so many ways, she can't give you what you want"

I'm not gonna lie, what he's saying is messing with my head.

"Why do you think she keeps switching on you? One day she loves you and the other she doesn't even look at you" okay what the fuck? How does he even know how she is with me? This is weird and I don't like how he's playing with my head like this.

"I can treat you good..I can fuck you even better" I felt his hand move to my ass so I pushed him back harshly "don't fucking touch me"

"At least Kelly doesn't fucking touch me without making sure I'm okay with it. And if you ever think I'll go for someone that ever does the shit you just did to me then you're fucking delusional. I'm acting all nice and polite around you because I'm still new here but don't ever think I'll let that shit slide"

"What are you gonna do? Tell Kelly?" He sarcastically said "I might and you should be scared of her, that bitch is absolutely insane but I am also insane so don't ever think I have to call anyone for help in situations like this. I can fuck you up if I want to"

He stayed quiet so I took my cup of coffee and walked out of the kitchen, going back to the bedroom.

"Should've slept in the kitchen too" I rolled my eyes at Kelly's joke and closed the door. I put the coffee cup on the nightstand and straddled her waist, seeing a smirk form on her lips as she placed on hand on my thigh and kept the other under her head.

"You okay?" She asked rubbing my thigh. I nodded my head and hummed "I'm fine"

What Mike said is getting to my head. It's been amazing with her for the past few days but I know she's going to switch up on me in a matter of days, maybe even hours.

Am I ready to fully commit to someone who's going to make me feel like shit half of the time?

Am I ready to feel my stomach twist every time there is a switch in her attitude?

I'm an overthinker and the way Kelly acts half of the time isn't going to help with it.

If I'm going to fall in love with someone and commit to them, I'd want constant reassurance that Kelly would probably never give me even if we fell in love.

I don't even know what her love language is.

I know nothing about her.

It's weird when I think about it. Kind of painful too because I know I'm falling for her but I don't even know if she feels the same.

Man I don't even know if this bitch even feels anything. She looks emotionless half of the time.

"You with me?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Kelly "yeah sorry, what were you saying?"

———

"Do you have everything you need for the party tomorrow?" Christina asked me with a smile. I smiled nodding my head "I do. Thank you"

"Of course. Kelly, treat her well, she's a gem" Christina said standing up alongside Peter since they had a meeting to get to "I will" Kelly answered.

"I wanna take you shopping" Kelly said, turning to look at me "I don't need anything new" I said to her as I saw Mike walking downstairs from the corner of my eyes.

"I still wanna buy you something. Doesn't have to be for the party, just anything you like" Mike sat down and smiled at me "yeah okay" I said smiling at Kelly.

Kelly looked at Mike who was still looking at me with a smile then stood up, standing behind me and leaning down to get closer to my ears "I'll be waiting upstairs, don't take long" she said moving my hair to the other side and placing a soft kiss on my neck which I did not expect at all.

"I'll be there in a minute" I said turning my head to the side to look at her. She nodded her head then looked at Mike "okay" she said heading upstairs.

"Why didn't you follow her? You're clearly done with your food" he said smirking. I laughed "don't flatter yourself, I didn't stay here for you. I wanna finish my drink first then go upstairs"

I took the last sip from my champagne glass and stood up "and I also wanted you to know that I'm not going to run out of every room you walk into because I'm scared of you for doing what you did to me"

It was a simple touch I know but it never stops there. Trust me I've been there so many times from what my parents made me go through.

I don't need anyone to protect me and I don't want Mike to think he can act differently when no one is around just because I didn't stand up for myself. No one ever protected me from anything, I had to learn how to protect and stand up for myself.

And I don't need Kelly to protect me. I like knowing someone is going to protect me but I might lose Kelly, I can't depend on her all the time.

"I don't want you to be scared of me. I just wanted you to realize how differently Kelly acts when she thinks anyone is a threat, a threat to someone she thinks she owns. I mean she wouldn't have done the whole whisper thing if I didn't come downstairs, would she?"

The time Kelly and I start to make progress in our relationship this motherfucker decides to do this? I hate this.

I'm already having doubts about Kelly since she switches up on me a lot, I don't need him to make it worst.

"Stop fucking with my head Mike" I said walking towards the stairs "I'm not fucking with your head, just simply opening your eyes to the truth" 

I kept walking until I got upstairs then went to our bedroom "did he do anything?" She asked coming towards me. I shook my head "no"

"You sure? You seem upset" I nodded my head "I'm okay. I'm gonna go get ready so we can go shopping"

Kelly nodded her head "Yeah okay"