.◦○◉● 2 ●◉○◦.

It was nearly pitch black. All that illuminated the dark, shadow-covered city were the splatters of light from skyscrapers, apartments, and businesses. The sight was comparable to the night sky itself. That was what she thought from where she sat anyway.

It was dark, a little damp, and definitely not the brightest place, but the graveyard was one of the most comforting places in Tsubame's opinion.

Sitting under the comfort of a great tree, Tsubame plucked a leaf from a branch, morphing it into a rose with blood red petals. Planting the floral next to the tombstone she laid against, the mafioso rose from her position.

"I've got to go now Odasaku, I'm sure you'd tell me to 'Stop overworking yourself and get some rest, I'll make you a bowl of instant soba' or something. But you always knew exactly what to say," smiled the lady sadly. "With that said, I'll see you soon."

Tsubame walked out of the cemetery and back into the bustling city of Yokohama.

*ring* *ring*

The phone in her back pocket buzzed in a repeated rhythm: 1, 2, 1, 2. She saw the caller id, but she decided it wasn't worth her time. Someone she is no longer familiar with doesn't carry as much importance anymore.

The 5 Port Mafia towers were completely black in color, their specks of light coming from different windows looked less like the night sky up close, but they almost did. Almost.

•————•

"I thought you died out there," greeted her housemate as she walked into their shared flat. The ginger wasn't pleased with his co-worker, Tsubame didn't think it was a big deal herself. "You didn't appear here or in the headquarters for 3 days and nights, next time you plan to stay away for so long make sure to let someone know," nagged the male, almost like parents would when their teenager would go out on their own.

"Sure mom," Tsubame rolled her eyes and passed the wide-eyed male. Losing her parents at an early age, she doesn't really remember what parents were supposed to act like. Not like any of the other mafia members did either. Regaining his composure, Chuuya sighed, "There's leftovers in the fridge, and go get some rest. You probably haven't slept in days," throwing on his coat, the male left Tsubame in their flat.

"Sure, whatever."

Tsubame quickly washed up and got changed out of her work clothes. She turned on the tv for some background noise, microwaving the re-used takeout container full of spaghetti. It wasn't rare for the two to cook interchangeably, though she used to cook more frequently until her workload was spontaneously increased.

She sat eating her reheated spaghetti, watching whatever was on tv at the moment. While in the middle of watching a children's tv show episode which she was getting invested in, her phone rang once more. This time she was forced to answer.

Pausing the tv, Tsubame sighed as she reached for her cellular device on the coffee table.

"What do you want?" annoyance laced her voice as she could imagine the devious smirk of the male on the other side of the phone.

"Oh nothing~" said the male on the other side of the line with a sing-song tone. He aggravated her with his carefree tone.

"That sounds like you want something, I don't have all night." She furrowed her eyebrows and listened as the male on the other side produced a hearty laugh.

"You never changed Birdie, not even a bit," Tsubame grimaced at the nickname, it disgusted her. It made her sound helpless and like a child when it was quite the opposite in reality.

"Get to the point, Dazai," she snarled before taking a loud sip of tea. Dazai was her previous co-worker, and a nuisance for all she cares. All she wanted was to get back to her tv show.

"Fine, fine. I heard you got your hand on a bounty, would you like to tell me anything about it?" She could practically see the sinister smirk on the male's face as his words were laced with an untraceable venom. It wasn't uncommon for the male to act like this, and Tsubame was familiar with his antics. But because of how familiar she was with it, she could go right around the question. Dazai always somehow knew everything, she wouldn't even need to tell him for him to find a way to know anything.

"Never in a million years, you can go find out for yourself. If you can't , how can you call yourself a detective?" Tsubame left the male speechless, and then ended the phone call. She wasn't in the mood to deal with the man, if you could even call him that. Turning back on the TV, Tsubame finished her spaghetti and prepared to knock out for the night. Sleep would do wonders for her at that moment. Especially after dealing with the living mummy.

She just hoped the nightmares she had been avoiding wouldn't come and haunt her for once.

•————•

"You can't hide forever..."

A/N
OoOooOoOo SpOOkY. Anyways, sorry for the inactivity. I've been swarmed with schoolwork and falling down a kpop rabbit hole (Stray Kids) the past few months. I hope to get back and running and at least posting once a month for some level of commitment. I'll just have to make 5 rough drafts first...