Inanis v. Marra

Heres a written out blurb that @captainmarra1099 and I did from one of our roleplays between Inanis and Marra :D

=+=

As Inanis appeared in the blank, white room, Marra's bodiless voice spoke, "Why hello again, Canem Messorem." Inanis looked around themselves in panic, trying to spot anything they could through the empty whiteness of the room.

"What do you want?" The entity demanded with a bitter tone to his voice. As he spoke, Marra materialized behind them, scowling a bit.

"Well, I'd love it if you'd just stop being such a bitch, but since it's clear that's not gonna happen, I'll settle for this." The pirate then gave a smile that didn't reach her eyes as it usually did. Inanis spun around to face them in alarm, now able to see Marra's eyes, which dimly glowed gold over their usual green.

"What, no witty remark?" Marra smirked, "No attempt to escape?"

"You dont scare me." Inanis responded, trying to hide any sense of discomfort or fear. This wasn't the first time they had interacted with the pirate and they quickly learned how uncomfortable they could make things if provoked. Giving an unconvinced eye roll, Marra summoned her axe and twirled it around as a stim.

"Mhm... Yeah, sure. And you're not a self-absorbed asshole."

Inanis looked at the axe with an immediate sense of calm, "Pfft- that axe is useless." As they spoke he moved a hand behind themselves as discreetly as possible, hoping to try and make themselves less solid.

"Wanna test that, Canem?" Marra asked with a nasty grin, pretending to not notice what the other was doing.

"Why do you insist on calling me Canem?" Inanis asked with an unfriendly smile on their face. "He was such a failure..kind of sad."

Marra shrugged. "Dunno, just figured you'd prefer it over Inanis, since I don't remember you ever introducing your name."

They then flicked Inanis' forehead, noticing he was going transparent. Inanis tried his best not to flinch, dropping their hand from where it was.

"Glad I don't have to do any introduction." Inanis grumbled.

Giving a dull chuckle, Marra agreed, "Yeah, the less you have to talk, the happier I'll be." On a whim, Marra punched through Inanis' stomach in an attempt to psych him out a bit, figuring it'd go through as if he were made of fog like it did before. The entity instantly curled up in discomfort as the hand went straight through them.

"What the fuck?!"

Marra cackled a bit without meaning to as they pulled their hand out. "So you can feel it. Wonder what an axe to the face would feel like?"

"I don't know!? Probably would feel the same!" Inanis shouted, taking a few steps back. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" As he moved, one of his hands morphs into a sharp jagged point.

"That's rich coming from someone like you." Marra snorted, flipping their axe in faer hand. Inanis scowled at them.

"I swear, the second I get my shards back from that damned cyborg, you're going to regret this." They threatened, trying to keep their formed weapon as solid as possible.

That was a mistake on his part, if I say so myself.

Marra immediately scowled and threw their axe, purposefully missing Inanis by a millimeter. Through gritted teeth, he said, "Touch him. And I'll find the rest of your stupid crystal, grind it into dust, and scatter it across the cosmos." Inanis froze as the axe went past him, eyes wide and startled. They shook away any sense of alarm and put his currently normal hand up.

"Oh no, I'm so scared." He said sarcastically, internally screaming at the same time.

Marra didn't like that either.

In response, Marra practically snarled, "Don't patronize me. You seem to be forgetting the actual power dynamics here."

Their eyes glowed a bright gold as they took a step closer, not stopping to think from anger.

"I'm a god. You're a pest from a rock."

=+=

There is a lot more content from these two- trust me /pos

Here is something fun, try to guess Inanis' height? :> 

(To those who know...shhhhh /lh)