chapter 24 • the scent of alex's cologne wafted towards her nose

Start from the beginning

cherry was very confused.

the scent of alex's cologne wafted towards her nose, and invaded her mind.

but it's not like she could think of anything besides him.

"i think i'm gonna go home now." cherry said, and tried to stand up.

"no, we're suffering through this together." alex pulled her back down.

"look, i want you to know that what you accidentally witnessed was a completely normal expression of human sexuality." penelope began.

"okay!" alex pulled the orange knitted blanket over his and cherry's head.

the pair hid under the blanket.

"oh, good for you." cherry shrugged.

"well, look, we're back here again, ah. i just want to make sure you don't have any questions. because masturbation is a healthy, normal part of life." penelope began.

"no, it is not! it's a dirty, sinful habit for sad, ugly people. not living, beautiful angels." lydia threw the curtains open.

"it wasn't me, it was her!" alex pulled the blanket off his head.

cherry covered her body in it.

"qué sucia! did you learn that in the army? because no one in our family has ever done that!" lydia questioned.

"mami, please, stop with the old-school prudishness. it's natural!" penelope said.

"maybe for men, because they are animals who cannot control themselves! but women, women are civilized! we are mothers! we do not put the hand that wipes the tears of our child down the front of our bloomens!" lydia questioned.

"men are disgusting." cherry nodded.

"you think i'm disgusting?" alex asked.

cherry shrugged.

alex wondered why she didn't make some stupid joke, but elena walked in before he could question it.

"what are you guys talking about?" elena asked.

"the completely normal act of female self-pleasure?" penelope said.

"oh, can i tag in?" elena grinned.

"can i tag out?" alex begged.

alex stood up to leave, but elena pulled him back down.

"no, no, no. i have been reading a lot about-" elena began.

"please, i don't need more information!" alex frowned.

"no, there are real health benefits from self gratification, particularly for women, like reduced stress, and pain relief from menstrual cramps, and improved cognition." elena listed facts.

"but who's really gonna shove their fingers in their pussy while they're on their period?" cherry questioned.

alex shoved his face into a pillow.

"qué tontería! sex is between people who are married. it is adam and eve, not bzz and eve!" lydia frowned.

"isn't adam and eve, like, a sex company that sells dild-" cherry began.

"please stop." alex complained.

"abuelita, are you saying that you, of all people, never.. opened the curtains?" elena questioned.

lydia covered her ears.

"no! please don't answer that. i will literally give each of you 20 to stop talking about this! this is not a normal conversation, this family needs boundaries!"
alex sat up.