I. First day back

Maisie Thornbury was just a normal teenage girl, almost

Maisie Thornbury was just a normal teenage girl, almost. She could turn invisible, it mostly happened when one of her emotions was high. Whether it was sadness, fear, anger, it didn't matter. Her dad did the same exact thing. It was unknown why. It's just a gene that has been passed down through generations.

She was always on her toes and tried to control it at school. Seabrook was not one for anything out of normal, that wasn't a secret considering the whole zombie thing. Maisie's parents, Kayla and Mason, were the only ones in Seabrook that helped the zombies in any way. They ran a number of stores for the Zombies on their side of the barrier. They have stores for Z-bands if they're malfunctioning, for fake brains, for toys, etc.

Maisie and her best friend Brielle loved working at the stores. They both had no problem with zombies. Kayla didn't let them come in contact with the zombies, however. She was waiting for when they were older so they wouldn't say anything indirectly hurtful.

Living in Seabrook was hell, as Maisie liked to say. It was too perfect, so everyone thought. IN reality it was far from perfect. Mason Thornbury moved to Seabrook with his high school sweetheart Kayla. They had Maisie just after moving. Brielle's dad, Brandon, was best friends with Mason all his life. So, when he moved Brandon followed with his wife. A year or two after Brielle was born her mother left Brandon and her. After that they moved in with the Thornbury family. To Seabrook it was odd, they didn't care though.

"What are you drawing?" Brielle asked Maisie. The blonde girl looked up and sighed.

"I don't even know, just sketching" Maisie held it up for her best friend to see.

"It looks good" Brielle commented. Maisie looked at it and scoffed.

"It looks like nothing" Brielle rolled her eyes at her small minded friend.

"It looks like the mind of someone whose thoughts are running at a million a second" Brielle justified.

"I wish I had your outlook on the world" Maisie complimented. She sat teh notebook down and went back to sketching.

"So, how do you feel about the zombies coming?" Brielle asked. Maisie shrugged.

"It's kind of awesome. My parents have been trying to get laws passed for them for years. Huge step even if they are just in the basement" Maisie comments.

"It is, I just wish that they could be treated normally" Brielle says.

"Me too, Bri, but a win is a win" The brunette nodded at the blondes words.

The Z-Alert went off grabbing everyone's attention. The duo scoffs. Brielle gets up to see that Maisie is staying put.

"You coming?" She asked. Maisie smirked.

"I'm going to meet a zombie" She said. Brielle laughed.

"Good luck, May" She yelled as the blonde ran in the opposite direction. Scanning the hallways looking for a certain type of person. Her eyes finally landed on him with the football team chasing after him.

oh shit.

She rushes and grabs his hand, the heightened fear in her making her and the zombie invisible. She didn't know she could do that. She leads him to the Zombie Safe Room. Making them visible when the door closes. She lets out a huff in relief. Closing her eyes to try and calm herself down.

"What was that?" The zombie speaks. Maisie opens her eyes and is caught off guard by his looks. He's quite attractive.

"I- It's- I mean-" She stutters out.

"Are you Mason Thornbury's daughter?" The zombie asks. Maisie nods.

"That explains the invisibility" He laughs out.

"Don't tell anyone" She basically pleads.

"i would have to know your name to tell anyone" The zombie smirks.

"Maisie" She says quickly.

"Zed" He replies.

"Well, Zed, please don't tell anybody" She begs.

"What would I get from that. Your secret's safe with me" Maisie smiles gratefully at him. Her phone ringing catches the attention of the two teens. Her moms caller ID on the screen.

"I gotta go, but you stay safe, okay?" Zed nods. Maisie smiles and runs out of the room.

That was exciting.

-------------------------------------------------

These chapters are gonna be kind of short because it's a movie and not a series, but they met!!