"You okay with hopping off at that convenience store on the 7th? I have to be somewhere in 10 minutes and can't drive out of the way."

There was a pause.

"I don't-"

"You're riding with me. Gosh. Come on, I'm following a schedule."

Yeji started to walk outside and Ryujin scrambled to gather her things and catch up to her.

As they walked around the parking lot, Ryujin saw Yeji approach a gray Bentley that looked lowkey but expensive. Because one of her friends is a car enthusiast, she also knows a thing or two about them. The Flying Spur costs around the amount that a normal student couldn't afford.

She goes to SU, after all, so her family must have money. She thought.

They entered the car and Ryujin was greeted by the smell of vanilla and roses.

The car was surprisingly clean, too. In the dashboard was a picture of Yeji and Chaeryeong in a scenery one typically only sees in movies.

"So what school do you go to?" Ryujin was surprised by the question.

"Oh we're asking personal questions now?" She teased. She loves seeing the cat-eyed girl huff and lightly purse her lips when she's annoyed.

"Never m-"

"I go to Yonsei U." Ryujin cut her off and grinned at her.

Yeji didn't ask anything else after that so Ryujin took the time to look around the car.

"You listen to Niki? I love her music!" she commented as she saw a paused track on the car's sound system screen.

"What's your favorite song?"

Yeji was silent for a minute but still answered the question with a low voice, "I like La La Lost You."

Ryujin smiled excitedly and continued the conversation from there. The next 10 minutes of the drive was spent with Ryujin asking Yeji questions and patiently waiting for her answer. And although the other girl didn't ask anything after her question about school, it was a progress that Ryujin was happy with.

It would be awkward to not talk to her if they're gonna see each other every week, she told herself.

She was dropped off at the agreed convenience store and the cat-eyes girl didn't say another word before driving away.

When Yeji got to Minju's place, the TV was already turned off, meaning she might have gone to her room already.

She lightly knocked on her room's door but no one answered. When she entered, she saw Minju already sleeping in her everyday clothes - she must've been waiting for her. She usually comes over every Friday afternoon after classes but Yeji was held back by a certain meeting at a coffee shop earlier.

Damn, I really was looking forward to tonight. She thought. It was a rough week, after all.

She turned to leave when she heard Minju steering.

"Yeji-ah, why don't you ever stay over", she said faintly but Yeji was able to hear it. She's sleep-talking.

"Yeji-ah".

She was taken aback by the endearment in her tone that she paused in her tracks for a few seconds before continuing her way out of the apartment.

She pulled out her phone and sent the other girl a quick text.