Chapter 4: Goodbyes when flowers bloom

Start from the beginning

I try to make a joke to lighten her up.

Ryder: "Don't go and forget me when you make it big."

I could tell she was about to just start bawling, so I quickly stood up and looked at Eve.

Ryder: "Please watch over her while I'm gone."

Evelynn: "I will, but I better see you again."

I chuckled and nodded.

Ryder: "Yes ma'am."

I turned around and looked at the two enforcers waiting for me and I stick my hands out.

Ryder: "I ain't goin anywhere don't worry, I won't resist or anything."

This seemed to relax the two enforcers and headmistress Fiora, they probably didn't wanna have to fight a renegade high tier.

As I walk out with them I turn back and look at the four girls in the room.

Ryder: "You all look good together! Start a band or something!"

I chuckle as I knew it was going to happen regardless, but I kind of wanted partial credit just as a little morale boost to myself.  I look forward as I walk out of the building in handcuffs to be taken to Piltover SecuraMax Prison, a prison made for high tiers.

Ahri POV

I couldn't believe it.  My best friend. My first friend.  My first love. Gone.  Why? Because I couldn't pick my friends right.  Tears started to flow again and all I could do was cry and grip the thin blanket.  I felt a hand rub my back and I look at Evelynn.

Evelynn: "I know it hurts, let it out, but don't forget he said he would be back."

Ahri: "I know, but what if he doesn't? What if something happens and he forgets me?"

Evelynn: "I..... I don't know, but it's Ryder he will figure something out.  Don't go losing hope, he's strong."

I knew she was just trying to reassure me, but all I could feel was frustration, what does she know? How can she be so calm when he just got treated as a criminal even though he is innocent? More and more questions, insecurities, and worry started to swell within me.

Kai'Sa: "I know this is a bad time, but what happened?"

Evelynn sighed and looked at me.  I was the only one other than D who knew what happened.  I took a breath and tried to stay calm.  I recounted the story the best I could, trying to avoid missing a single detail.  After I told my story, Evelynn and Kai'Sa look appalled and Akali looked like she was about to be sick.  I was about to try again after recounting what had happened, and immediately Kai'Sa pulled me into a hug and Evelynn kept rubbing my back.

Kai'Sa: "I'm so sorry you had to go through something like that."

Evelynn: "I knew something bad had happened, but that's just terrible."

After Akali had managed to not throw up, she decided to join the conversation.

Akali: "So wait, then why is he being detained? Shouldn't the guys who assaulted you?"

Ahri: "That's what I don't get! Why him? Why not the actual criminals?"

Evelynn: "It is probably due to the fact that those pricks' parents having a lot of money.  This school is funded partially from the government and the other half from a mix of donations, tuition costs, and fees."

I let that sink and and realized that D was a scholarship student, something the school doesn't like because he doesn't give them money, they give him money and not to mention those pricks, especially Brayden's family is loaded.