𝐗𝐗. the accident

Comenzar desde el principio

then, they grew up.

fighting became anger, fear became their fuel. nobody dared cross the two, because if they didn't kill, their father surely would.

or at least they thought, because to them the kil family was complete. they loved, and they stuck together. they were a true family. one that was glued to the hip, all they had in a world that wanted to ruin them.

but the kil twins had been ruined from the moment they were born.

‎FOUR YEARS AGO — GANGSEO, KOREA.

THE KILS THRIVED OFF BLOOD. one sight of the crimson liquid sent them in a frenzy, like rabid dogs fighting over a bone. they fought just to satiate the bottomless hole in their love-less hearts.

that morning it was particularly windy, the air still slightly warm during the oncoming autumn. deok-su and deok-ja walked, their blazers stuffed into their backpacks and uniforms poorly worn, into their middle school.

the kils were regarded as gods. their fingers were doused in blood, and it dripped a trail of curses in their wake.

such a change fueled them. going from their closet called a room, sleeping so cramped together that their necks and legs ached come morning, to being at the very top — it was like a hazy fever dream.

deok-ja kicked a chair out of her way, scowling at a group of students huddled in the corner of the room. there was someone there, sitting upon the desk at the very back of the class. her desk.

"fucking flies." she snarled, and the group turned to face her in fear. "the fuck are you doing around my desk?"

they stared at her like deer caught in headlights, faces draining of color. it didn't take long for the group to disperse, leaving behind a rather tall boy all alone, still planted in her seat.

he grinned, leaning in to rest his cheek on his palm. "you must be kil deok-ja."

jake kim was unlike any teenager kil deok-ja had ever met — or would ever meet — in her life. tall, lean frame, sculpted face, and eyes that danced with joy despite the unnerving prospect of locking eyes with 'devil incarnate' deok-ja.

"i've heard so much about you."

and that was how it began. every day, without fail, jake kim appeared out of nowhere, asked deok-ja endlessly idiotic questions, and followed her around. jake kim, with his twinkling eyes that were full of potential, turned kil deok-ja's life upside down.

deok-su too grew used to seeing jake kim tagging behind his sister as they walked out of the school gates — and he watched as her scowl grew into something fuller. only for that reason did he permit their uncoordinated friendship, because he no longer wished to see the rage that filled his sister's eyes as she recounted every curse and hatred-written comment on last year's shredded yearbook, or the way her eyes would harden as they sweeped across her old school uniform stained with dirt and spoiled milk.

the kil siblings, like all children, were deserving of love too. even if that meant having to bear with the insufferable jake kim and his circle of friends.

soon enough, another boy came along too. and he, like jake, shared that insatiable flame in his gaze and crushed the skies with his feet.

this boy was named samuel seo. samuel was meant for kil deok-su, another individual that understood the inner workings of a troubled mind and knew how tiresome the world could get. a companion to share the worries that kil deok-su could not bear to burden his sister with. their bloody pieces fit so prettily, perfect as incomplete beings could be.