𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. sophomores rule!

Start from the beginning

deok-su sighed loudly as the two began arguing. mira nervously looked between the two troublemakers, biting her lip as she looked in zack's direction. he knew she wanted to break up the fight for zack's sake, but the other guy must look terrifying in her eyes.

the bespectacled boy could tell from the way she timidly rose to her seat. feeling as though it was an interaction that couldn't be avoided (it certainly could — but he wasn't that heartless. plus, mira reminded deok-su of his sister, so he couldn't possibly make her do something like that), deok-su gently grabbed mira's arm.

"i'll handle this." he gave her a reassuring smile, though it wobbled around the corners.

who was he kidding, he was terrified! however, seeing mira's relieved face as she sat back down, there was no way he could back up now. curse him and his chivalry.

"did you apologize? let's go eat." deok-su said quietly as he approached the two, his heart beating like crazy.

sweat began accumulating against his balled fists, and his glasses slid a few centimeters down his nose. if only deok-su wasn't so weak hearted...

zack took notice of the quiet teen and bowed his head once more to the thug with a grin before scurrying off towards deok-su.

"let's go." he grinned, and the two walked back to where mira was patiently waiting.

mira only gave the boxer a scolding look and put her hands together in prayer. the two boys mimicked her, neither religious, only too fond of her to say no.

with his eyes closed, the hairs on deok-su's neck bristled as he heard heavy footsteps from behind them. he turned fast enough to see a large, grubby hand tipping a tray full of food above mira. his instincts took over, shielding the girl protectively from the contents.

"sorry, sorry." the thug from before said in a condescending manner, his face twisted into a smile.

deok-su gritted his teeth as he felt the food slide off his hair and drip down onto his white uniform shirt.

"bastard..." he muttered under his breath, focused solely on the pig in slides before him.

there was a loud clatter from the other side of the cafeteria, where deok-su could spot his sister from a mile away fuming angrily.

here we go again, deok-su sighed as the building erupted in clamor.

he gave his damp shirt a sniff. it smelled like barely edible cafeteria food, alright.

"deok-su!" zack leaned over to the bespectacled boy, eyes filled with concern. "are you hurt?"

"m'fine." he said quietly, shrinking under the numerous pairs of eyes gazing in his direction.

"do me a favor and hold my sister back from killing him. i'll be in the bathroom." deok-su added as an afterthought, letting his eyes stray from the bundle of fury stomping her way towards them to the direction of the bathroom.

the boxer made to protest, maybe even to ask to accompany the male, but thought better against it and nodded. deok-su let out a relieved sigh and hid himself in the bathroom, focusing all his attention to the spreading yellowish stain of the cafeteria food.

meanwhile, the cafeteria was a rowdy mess, full of gasps and yells as deok-ja and zack stood side by side, both looking absolutely enraged.

"that's my fucking brother, you whale." she spat, but zack held her back with a raise of his hand.

"let me handle him. this punk dared to hurt both mira and deok-su." he snarled.

deok-ja, though blinded by anger, seemed to calm down at his words. damn, did this dude have a crush on her poor, innocent older brother (who was not innocent at all, simply used to convey how much she cared for him in this specific instance)?