𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. sophomores rule!

Start from the beginning

they were chattering excitedly, shoulders pressed together and grins on their faces. deok-ja included herself, squeezing in between them and throwing her arms around their shoulders.

"hey." she greeted with a grin, pausing their conversation midway for them to smile and greet her.

"did you hear?" vasco beamed excitedly, giving her those sparkly puppy eyes as he leaned into her.

"hear about what?" deok-ja cocked her head to one side in confusion.

"there's a rumor that there's gonna be another girl in the architecture department." jace whispered to deok-ja, making her mouth fall open in shock.

it took a few seconds for a large smile to form on her face.

"fuck yeah! let's go see!" deok-ja exclaimed in glee, grabbing on of each of their arms and dragged them to the architecture department classroom.

however, all that met them at the sight of open doors was a large group of new recruits, most of them smoking cigarettes. there was not a single girl in sight.

deok-ja and vasco shared a downcast look and sighed simultaneously, turning away from their scrambling underclassmen who were trying to impress them. jace only nodded in understanding at the two knuckleheads.

"ah..." deok-ja trailed off at the putrid smell of the freshman's classroom, bringing her hand to pinch her nose. "i think i'm gonna throw up."

‎DEOK-SU HAD GROWN USED TO HATING LUNCH. that was usually the loudest part of his day, when some idiot just had to go out of their way to bother another, then bam — there would be an all out brawl.

if he had been born a bloodthirsty fighting demon like his sister, deok-su might've enjoyed such distractions, but he was not. in fact, deok-su had gotten into the habit of hanging around mira, who hated fighting almost as much as he did (though he doubted that would hold true for long, since there was the occasional rush in his veins when he watched a fight these days).

of course, where there was either mira or deok-su, zack lee seemed to follow around like an obedient puppy. the only one who could tease him over such drooling behavior was none other than deok-ja, who often went out of her way to grin tauntingly at the gel haired male and make gestures towards her own brother.

though deok-su tried denying it, zack's piercing gaze had begun to make his ears burn and his cheeks warm in the slightest. it wasn't his fault — he just hated such attention! (or so he told himself...)

as always, zack was being their guard as deok-su and mira conversed quietly with one another, not at all interesting in much else but their very interesting conversation over the health of the kil's dog, moose. mira had taken an immense liking to the puppy, and often asked the teen about the now-grown dog's wellbeing.

"deok-su, mira!" zack ushered them over to an almost empty table with a wide grin.

the only other person sitting there was a thug-looking guy. deok-su ignored him in favor of mira, who was smiling in a heartfelt manner as she recounted how much she had wanted a dog when she was younger.

"i'll ask deok-ja to take you to see him one day, if you really want to." the bespectacled teen murmured quietly, making mira's smile grow.

"really? that would be the best, thanks!" she beamed, making deok-su turn away from her blindingly bright smile.

just as zack was about to take his seat, some kid with an overshaved bowlcut purposely bumped into him, and a sausage fell out of the boxer's tray and onto the thug's uniform.