𝐗𝐈𝐕. sports day

Start from the beginning

"aw, looks like jay got it first. too bad..." yui sighed, obviously upset.

deok-su inwardly rolled his eyes, and wished he had telekinesis so he could move the girl back to her own desk instead of pestering him.

"yeah, too bad." he echoed, fully done with the conversation.

"but there's other —" yui began, only to cut herself off as the class went dead silent.

curiously, deok-su turned his head to see what everyone was so shocked at, only to see a familiar head of greased hair and sharp eyes staring back at him.

the feeling of turbulence and annoyance seeped out of his body, secretly glad that the boxer was finally back.

zack's long legs walked past the students with ease, before stopping at the desk where yui was sitting. his eyes flashed coldly, and he dropped his bag on the wooden surface loudly. the starry eyed girl flinched slightly at the sound, looking up at him in surprise.

"what are you doing at my desk?" zack asked, raising an eyebrow.

"talking with deok-su...?" yui replied uneasily, her statement more of an unsure question.

with his eyes, deok-su pleaded for the boxer to make her leave, not bothering to confirm the girl's answer.

"whatever. just shoo." he waved a hand dismissively, as though swatting away a fly.

with a small huff, the starry eyed girl got up and walked back to her desk, brows furrowed and cheeks pink with embarrassment.

deok-su could finally breathe, and he let out a long sigh when zack took his seat.

"i thought i was going to have to endure that for the rest of the day." the bespectacled boy muttered under his breath, removing his glasses to rub his face and eyes tiredly.

zack let out a small laugh that sounded more like a scoff than anything, and gently snatched deok-su's glasses with newfound interest, examining them.

the now blurry sighted teen gave a sound of protest, squinting vigorously to try and adjust his vision.

"hey, give those back." he frowned, blindly reaching towards zack for his glasses, which looked near invisible from his point of view.

the boxer only laughed even more at his attempt, and lightly slapped his hands away.

"fine, fine." zack finally gave in, albeit painfully, when deok-su managed to grab onto his ear. "here."

he leaned closer, and deok-su could feel the other teen's breath warming his nose. zack gently slipped his glasses back on, carefully leaning the frames so they sat perfectly against the bridge of his nose. with his vision fully intact, deok-su could count the amount of eyelashes on the boxer's eyes from their close proximity.

he blinked twice before backing up, murmuring something about zack being an 'annoying prick' with a hint of humor in his voice.

still, as much as an annoying prick as he was, deok-su couldn't deny the feeling of warmth pooling in his stomach when he saw him again.

DEALING WITH KIDS WAS, clearly and very obviously, not one of kil deok-ja's strong suits. especially not teenagers who had the mental capacity of emotionally stunted 7-year-old.

sure, deok-ja herself wasn't ranged any higher, but the fact that she knew more than the entire architecture department combined really said a lot about their level of education. jace was obviously the exception, as he was gifted with a higher level of vocabulary and brain than anybody else in the department.