the car ride was silent. neither of them spoke to each other and the radio wasn't even turned on so it was just completely silent other than the sounds of the outside world. not that it was a bad thing because she actually felt comfortable.

"i'm hungry," she announced.

"don't you have food at home?"

she pressed her lips into a thin line.

"i don't want to go home," she mumbled while looking down at her fingers in her lap.

"where do you want to go then?"

"can i just stay with you?"

donghyuck's heart skipped a beat. he knew she meant it because whenever she was drunk she would say things she wouldn't have the courage to say sober and she was honest.

since she was hungry, he went through a drive through and got her something to eat along with water. it was a good thing she mentioned she was hungry because the food would absorb some of the alcohol in her system.

while he ordered, she sent a dongmin a text saying she was with donghyuck and texted her uncle the same thing getting donghyuck to look over the typos.

afterwards, he parked in a parking lot so she could eat.

"why aren't you eating?" she knitted her brows together.

"i'm not hungry."

she shoved the fries in his direction but he pushed them back to her.

"really, i'm not hungry, rin."

rin.

rin.

that was the first time he'd called her that in two years.

"drink water as well." he handed her the bottle he'd kept on his side of the car door.

she did as he instructed and after she had finished everything he threw the trash in a nearby trashcan.

"where else do you want to go?" he asked her.

she shrugged. "you're the driver."

"are you sleeping at mine tonight?"

"i could also sleep on a bench outside," she suggested.

he grinned at her lame attempt at a joke before driving in the direction of his house.

all the lights were switched off when they arrived but the house looked the complete same as the last time hyerin had been in it. apart from a few additions of furniture, it looked the same.

he helped her up the stairs then dropped her onto his bed and searched for something she could wear to sleep. his shorts and a tshirt were the best options since that was what he'd be sleeping in as well.

"i'm gonna shower," he spoke and took his clothes.

by the time he came back to his room, hyerin was sound asleep on top of the covers and tears stained her cheeks.

he considered sleeping on the sofa downstairs but it wasn't really comfortable and it's not like they hadn't slept in the same bed thousands of times before. but, things were different now and he didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

fuck it.

he put a pillow between them and slept under the covers on the other side of the bed. within minutes, he was fast asleep.

hours into the early morning, hyerin woke up and the first thing her eyes made contact with was michael jackson's face and the once familiar scent of donghyuck.

they were cuddling.

she gasped but quickly plastered her hand over her mouth as he slightly moved his head.

fuck.

he looked gorgeous even with his messy bed hair.

when she realised what she was thinking, she shook the thoughts out of her head. she had to go.

her head was killing her and she wanted to lay back down but she wanted to get out of his sight before he woke up. seeing some pills and a glass of water on the side of the table, she gulped them down before changing into her clothes and grabbing her phone off the nightstand and beelining straight to the front door.

"hyerin?"

shit.

"hey, chani."

the girl looked like she'd just woken up and was still in her bare bears pyjamas.

"you spent the night with donghyuck? you guys made up?"

she didn't even know how to answer. "uh... i slept over because i kind of drank a little too much yesterday?"

"oh?"

"i've got to go. but i'll see you around, okay? take care of yourself," she whispered, in a hurry.

"bye, rin."

she was sprinting down the porch and to the nearest bus stop trying to recall last night's events as she waited for it to pull up. her head was still not 100% there but she was getting there. it was a sunday; she didn't have anything to do so she could lay in bed all day.

her uncle was gone when she arrived but he'd sent a text to her asking to walk rocky. she sighed and threw herself onto the sofa closing her eyes for a little while.

she woke up by jeju standing on her stomach and giving her a sort of massage with her paws before she laid down.

"je-"

she sat up and checked the time on her phone. lunch time, she'd slept for three hours.

below the time were texts from myunghee asking her if she was good and if she made it home safe and that her head was killing her. she said this following with "i'm never going to drink again" but she always drank again and the cycle would repeat itself.

she dialled myunghee's number and she picked up after the third ring.

"hey, i'm gonna walk rocky. wanna join?"

<3
are we finally getting somewhere or is this a one-off??