She frowned and scoffed. "The school were hoping I was just as good an actress and a scholar as my sister, they were greatly dissapointed to know I wasn't her, so, that's pretty much one of the reasons I created the school's website."

She scoffed again and looked away from me, muttering words I could hardly make out of, except one in particular that I had hard quiet clearly.

"Sister always stealing my shine."

I frowned.

Was that why she hated her sister?

Because she feels she's always being overshadowed?

I looked at her again.

Or maybe, just maybe, she was envious of the things her sister had, that she didn't.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I knocked on Ifeoluwa's room, expecting him to be asleep as he usually was but when I peaked into his room, I saw him speaking to someone on the phone.

He smiled softly at his phone screen, rested the side of his face on the upright arm he placed on his thighs.

"You'll be okay, I'm with you." He whispered softly.

"Thanks." I heard sniffing from his phone. "I'm so glad I have you."

Ifeoluwa's smiled shyly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, adverting his gaze from the phone screen.

My lips spread into a wide grin, watching my brother's act. Only one person could make him blush and shy.

"Ifeoluwa." I called. When his gaze rested on me, his eyes bulged open and he stood up, moved towards his wardrobe and whispered some words to the person in his phone before turning to me and shoving it in his pocket.

"Tammy." He smiled shyly, rubbing the back of his neck again. "When did you.. get here?"

I shook my head and giggled. "I knocked but you didn't answer cos I thought you were asleep. I need you to lend me your hoodie, I'm cold and mine's dirty."

He nodded slowly and began walking to his wardrobe as I stepped inside.

"Soo... " He dragged. "You didn't hear anything?"

"Was I supposed to?" I asked, deciding not to let him know that I did hear him because, knowing my brother, he would find that quiet embarrassing.

He sighed in relief and walked up away from the wardrobe, handing me a dark blue hoodie.

"Thanks." I said walking out of the door, but stopped.

I turned to Ifeoluwa, who was now laying lazily on his bed. "Ife."

"Yeah?"

"It seems Mandel's been hanging out with you lately, only you. Why isn't she talking to me? I'm her friend." I asked.

The room fell silent after that but I stared at Ifeoluwa expectantly, as he looked at the ceiling.

"She likes Aidan." He said, shutting his eyes and sighing.

"Really?" My brows shut up. He nodded.

I suddenly felt bad for my brother.

It must hurt to know that.

"How is that a reason for not talking to me?" I asked after another moment of silence.

He tore his gaze from the ceiling and rested it on me. "Aidan's giving you more attention than he's ever shown to her. She feels that he likes you."