dedication

for the moon was originally meant to be a collection of all the beginnings of stories i'd written that never quite made it. and then it became much more than that.

     i noticed that the stories (or one-shots) i've written for this collection began to tackle issues much more than what i had intended. some involved issues such as mental illnesses and societal concepts that need to be talked about more.

to all reading this: if there is anything at all that you feel oppressed by, please do not be afraid to talk about it. one way or another, we are all going through some tough times and it is okay to feel that way-but it would be so much better if we didn't have to or if we had someone to go through with whatever you are going through now.

     i am not trying to romanticize any of the issues that may come up, or make them seem beautiful. (but you are beautiful, despite your flaws and everything that you are.) these stories meant to be taken seriously; meant to let people know that these things could actually happen and we need to do something about it. (it doesn't matter what you do. but the simplest things will work: ask a friend how they're feeling and let them know you are there for them.)

     talk. i know how scary it can feel when you finally admit things and say them out loud. people will listen.

this is dedicated to all my readers, and to the friends i've made on this site who inspire me everyday: lily, daisy, phoebe, (aussie) lily & mel.

i hope this message-rather, these stories-will encourage every one of you to be braver than you already are.

all the love,

rosie.