The Pinoy Chronicle: A Realistic Perspective About The Sick Man of Asia

Introduction:

Why independence, if the slaves of today will be the tyrants of tomorrow? And no doubt they will, because whoever submits to tyranny loves it!”

-Jose Rizal

This book will present the fundamental problems of the country and it has solutions and suggestions for it. The book was meant to enlighten the Filipinos about the current misery of his country. This may be a provocative view about the Philippines. It is my pleasure to present it to you.

The country known as the Philippines is not a happy nation. It is a state built upon by misery and illusions. The people are too content to live in such a state where Idiocracy prevailed over the law, where mob rule is widely practised. We are indeed a dysfunctional society that needs to reform itself if we want our country to prosper.

For the past 200 years, we have failed miserably in uplifting our standard of living. Achievements  are always treated as a collective one than an individual one. It just shows how Filipinos are desperate to be in the spotlight. Ask yourself about this: Do you want our nation to succeed or not?

If you do, read this and keep an open mind about my opinion about the Filipino society. It is the time for the society to be governed under the ideals of the Enlightenment. A Catholic nation of 100 million people is very difficult to be governed. Whether you like it or not, our country is the "Sick Man of Asia". The cancer of our society chooses no social classes. Read the chapters to be enlightened.

Table of Contents

I.  Idiocracy and Democracy

II. Nationalism and Militarism

III. Anti Intellectualism and the Education System

IV. Spirituality, Hypocrisy and Pure Bigotry

V. Popularity and Personality or Competence and Intelligence?

VI. Secrets of The Past

VII. Incompetence and Competence

VIII. Cultural Defects

IX. National Patrimony or a Free Economy?

X. Tyranny and Slavery

XI. The Real Supremo

XII. Bakit Bobo Ang Mga Indio?

XIII. Acknowledgements and Conclusions

XIV. Mi Ultimo Adios

I.  Idiocracy and Democracy

The performance of Party Pilipinas in tribute to the supposed ‘People Power’ was a joke. For the first 15 minutes, I heard again the songs “Tayo’y Mga Pinoy”, “Awit ng Kabataan”, “Handog na bla bla bla sa Mundo”, “Magkaisa”, “Ito Gusto Ko” and other fucking songs describing the Filipino race as magnificent. I am laughing at that performance. The Human Genome Project had already debunked the concept of race. I doubt that most of us will accept it, as several of our citizens are deluding themselves to nationalism and revering the men who returned ‘democracy’ from the hands of the evil ‘tyrant’.

Marcos was not an overall good leader, because in his later years he left the day to day affairs to his lieutenants, which the latter became more powerful than the dictator. His sickness did not helped him. Martial Law was not that bad, because the opposition were either supportive of the old oligarchy or the Communists.