-10-

eddie giggled.

"what's so funny?" richie asked, smiling and shifting on the couch to face him.

"nothing. just the fact that bill and stan totally have feelings for eachother." eddie says, dropping his phone softly on richie's sofa.

"i know right. they try and deny it but it's too obvious." richie says, rolling his eyes.

"you know who else is oblivious to feelings?" richie says with a playful look on his face.

eddie turns red, but quickly shakes away the embarrassment realizing he was only kidding, and he rolls his eyes at richie. "shut up rich." eddie says, looking off into space.

"oh come on, i wasn't joking, you know you love me." richie says, grinning and putting his hand on eddie's shoulder supportively.

"yeah, you wish budd." eddie said, trying not to get flustered, and repeating what richie did to him, putting his hand on richies shoulder.

"whatever." richie said, grinning.

eddie removed his hand from his shoulder, rolling his eyes once more.

"so.. whatcha wanna do?" eddie asked.

"hmm.. we could.. watch that new horror movie? terrifier 2 i think?" richie says, his eyes searching around the room for the remote.

"yeah that'll be fun!" eddie blurts.

richie gets up to look around for the remote.

truth was, eddie doesn't do well with scary. but he didn't want richie to think he was a wimp, so he kept his mouth shut.

after while, richie finally found the remote.

he began to flip through channels, while eddie's leg began to bounce a bit.

richie didn't really notice at first, until he got up to grab the popcorn bag and switch off the lights.

"eds.. you good?" he asked, as he made his way back to his seat next to eddie.

"oh.. that?" eddie says, looking down at his leg, "that's just my usual twitchiness." eddie said, which wasn't a complete lie, he was usually moving in some way.

"ok.." richie said, obviously still unsure. i'll just keep an eye on him.

the movie begins, and eddie's leg starts bouncing more. he puts his hand on it to try and stop the bouncing, but his hand was shaking so it was no use.

to make the situation even more fun for him, it was storming.

( RE-READING THIS RN WHILST I GO BACK AND EDIT, WTF 😭 I WAS SUCH A CLICHE )

richie noticed right away this time, and made a risky decision and resting his hand on eddie's leg.

(he wasn't stretched across the couch, eddie was on the left side and richie was on the right, eddie's right leg shaking.)

eddie tried to pretend he didn't notice richies hand, but his leg had stopped bouncing and he just kept seeing him staring at him in the corner of his eye.

neither were really paying attention.

"so.." richie started to say, moving his hand back to his own lap.

"i just don't really do well with scary." eddie blurted, feeling like a weight had been taken off his shoulders.

eddie almost laughed at how ridiculous he sounded.

"oh. why didn't you just tell me you were a p*ssy?" richie said, raising an eyebrow and smiling.

"i don't know, i guess i just- hey!" eddie exclaimed.

richie laughed.

"only joking, we can watch something funny." richie said, laughing and rolling his eyes.

"ok." eddie said, smiling.