Chapter 2

Y/n was awoken by her brother moving around, sitting up she walked outside towards JJ assessing the damage caused by the hurricane.

"Good morning." Y/n says to JJ

"Morning." JJ replies putting an arm around her, making the girl blush.

they walk over to John B who was looking at the broken trees all around them, pulling them off the boat.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ yells out to them

"Yeah, she did." John B agrees

"What you thinkin'?" JJ asks

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze." John B begins climbing into the boat to pull out the branches "All those drum are gonna chase the crab."

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" JJ questions.

"Nah, they're not getting on a ferrey." Y/n shrugs.

"Come on, think about it. It's God tellin' us to fish." John b tells them

***

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." John B says pretending his was on radio, as the three teens came up to Popes where he was helping his dad clean the mess from Agatha.

"I can't. My pop's got me on lockdown." Pope tells them

"Oh, come on, Pope. It'll be fun." JJ says making his voice sound like a radio as well "Your dad's a pussy. Over." he comments

"Oh, I heard that, you little bastard." Heyward says angrily walking over

"We need your son." Y/n tells him.

"Yeah, and island rules. Day after hurricane's a free day." JJ adds,

"Who the hell made that up?" Heyward questions.

"Uh... Pentagon, I think. We have security clearance. I have a card." JJ tells him.

"Do y'all think I'm stupid?" Heyward asks.

"You want us to answer that?" Y/n asks earning a hard glare from him.

"I'll do it tomorrow. I promise. Tomorrow." Pope reassures him

"No, no. Hell no. You doin' it right now." Heyward snaps

"Get in the boat." John B edges the boy on.

"Make a run for it, bro." JJ adds. Pope hesitates before running to the boat jumping on.

"Get your ass back up here!" Heyward yells

"I promise I'll do it tomorrow, Dad." Pope reassures his father

"When you get back, you gonna clean shrimp, you gonna clean fish. You'll clean your dirty ass room!" Heyward yells out in anger as John B drives away.

"We'll bring him back in one piece. I promise!" Y/n reassures

"And I don't like your friends!" Heyward finishes shaking his head.

***

john B keeps driving, soon coming to Kiara, getting there just as she was walking down the dock, an esky in her hand, they all say good morning.

"Whatcha got? You got some juice boxes?" John B asks

"You know, just some yogurts and carrot sticks." Kie jokes.

"What about my kind of juice boxes?" JJ asks curiously.

Kie nods sitting down beside Y/n, taking out a beer handing on to JJ, taking on for herself.