"Perfect." I gritted out. I needed to get Mel rest and food. She was gripping my arm so tight I thought she'd drawn blood. I handed over the right amount of cash. I was not paying with a card that could be traced.

"Heres your keys. Enjoy your stay." The woman smiled and waved. I placed an arm on Melanie's ass as I guided her to the elevator.

"Dom, what are you doing?" Melanie tried to move my hand away. I gave her a little squeeze which caused a very satisfying squeak.

"Floor three, Babygirl." I directed one in the elevator. Melanie gave me an odd look before pressing the button.

"Why did you pick the most expensive hotel and than pay in cash?" Melanie asked. I just shrugged. I wasn't putting Melanie in a hotel with no security. She deserved better. She always did.

Once in the room I made sure Melanie changed into more comfortable sleeping clothes. She was not happy when I decided to help.

"I don't want help!" She tried to push me away. Her arms are still weak and I was very heavy.

"Let me fucking help." I growled out.

"No. I can do it myself. I don't want you to see yet." She said. Now I get it. She's scared I'm going to hate her burns. Fuck that.

I grab her face with both my hands and make her look at me. "Why." I asked. She didn't answer, just closed her eyes. I leaned down and placed a soft kiss on the top of her scar. The imperfection that made her perfect.

I made a path of kisses down her scar to her lips where I left a deeper kiss. I kept going down her neck to the top of her bandages. Carefully I lifted her shirt slightly signaling I wanted to take it off. She hesitantly lifted her arms and nodded. After her shirt was off trailed kisses around her bandages wound. I wanted to take care of her. She didn't have to do it alone.

I brought my hand up to her check and caressed her soft skin as my other went to her bra clip. I unclipped it and she shrugged it off. Fuck she was perfect.

I kissed her lips again before kissing down the valley of her breasts. I massaged her breasts gently while my other hand found the edge of her shoulder bandage. Carefully I began lifting it. Her breath hitched as it peeled off her skin. I winced at the wounds. This is all my fault.

"Don't." Melanie flinched away. She didn't want me to see. Pulled her back and continued to remove the bandage. After it was off I realized just exactly wear the tattoo had been.

I didn't say anything. Just stared at it in the mirror of the bathroom. Melanie's breathing was picking up. She was nervous.

I moved her back so she was against the counter. My hands found her hips as I lifted her onto it. As much as these scars reminded me it was my fault she got hurt, I needed to see them all. Help her.

My lips connected with the skin on her neck again as I kissed her burn gently. Now to remove the other two. I found the edge of the other bandage on her right arm and peeled that one off slowly as well. I kissed down her arm to her palm. The next bandage wasn't as bad. The burn was clearly not as bad as the other ones. I grabbed the ointment bottle from beside the sink and put some in my hands. I stood straight up as I carefully massaged it over her wound.

"Dominic, you don't..." I cut Melanie off with a look. It was my responsibility to see she is taken care of. She is my only responsibility right now.

I continued until all her burns were properly covered. I took fresh bandages and covered the burns. It was a good thing I have experience wrapping injuries.

After I was done I kissed her lips gently. They tasted salty. Fuck she was crying.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you? I'm sorry Babygirl." I quickly said. Melanie shook her head.

"I just feel emotional." She said. "I love you so much." She said with tears still in her eyes. I didn't like that. I wiped her tears away the best I could. She let out a small laugh. "Dominic I'm not sad." Melanie smiled. I nodded and reached down to rest my nose against her neck. She smelled nice.

I placed a kiss on her neck before pulling away. I was absolutely obsessed with her. I loved her more than I have every loved anyone or anything in my life. She was mine. Just mine.

"Dom, I'm kind of cold." Mel giggled softly. Shit. I forgot she was half naked.

I ran out to the suitcase and grabbed a pair of clean underwear and one of my shirts. She was grateful for the clothes and quickly changed. With my help of course.

The once back out in the room I stripped boxers and waited for Melanie on the bed. I could tell her eyes drifted low as soon as she saw me. Fuck I wish I could, but she needs to heal and I want to do it in our own home.

I ordered food for the both of us, making sure Melanie got something filling. We quickly ate before going to bed. Melanie laid on top of me on her stomach. Her back was too sore to put any pressure on it. Before I fell asleep I listened to her breathing. I'm glad she chose me. I would still be fucked up cutting myself in the corner of the bar.