***********

Marcy hesitated before typing out her answer.

***********

Mar Mar: ...as soon as Andrias put the helmet, my head felt like it was splitting open, and all I could hear was the core's sinister laugh, and myself, screaming so loudly. I hadn't even realized I was screaming. I could feel the core being downloaded into my body, via tubes and cords, and my body was burning. Then it all vanished. And I felt exhausted and...

Mar Mar: Numb

***********

Anne didn't reply for a few moments, and Marcy sighed, laying her phone back down. She rolled over once more.

"Oh c'mon Marcy, don't be so depressed."

'Shut. Up' 

Just then. her phone buzzed, so she rolled over, happy she had a distraction from the core.

***********

Anna-Banana: Oh Marbles...I'm so sorry that happened to you :(

Mar Mar: It's okay...honestly. It's fine.

Anna-Banana: I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but what did it feel like when you got stabbed?

***********

Marcy sucked in a breath.

***********

Mar Mar: I was so scared. I was scared that you or Sasha would hate me, and I was so high on adrenaline, that I didn't feel the pain at first. But I felt it. I felt it slide through my back, to my chest. Then I suddenly felt more pain than I thought I had ever experienced. And then...I guess the sword went through some of my spinal cords because I suddenly lost the ability to stand and hold my body upright. 

Mar Mar: But my last thought..there were a million things running through my mind, but the one thought that stuck out to me was, "Anne and Sasha must be happy. They don't have to drag me around anymore and pretend to care as if they really do. Especially since they know what I did now."

***********

Marcy felt tears pooling in her eyes, and she began to think. "What if I had died...Would I be happier dead than how I am now...?" 

"Oh shush Marcy, gay thoughts are one thing, but depressing ones are something else." The core hissed.

***********

Anna-Banana: Marcy! You really thought that?!

Mar Mar: ...

Anna-Banana: Mar Mar, we DO care about you. Do you know how heartbroken I was when I saw you die right in front of me? Don't you have any idea about how much it hurt me to see you possessed by that- that THING?!

Mar Mar: But it's all my fault. 

Mar Mar: I got us stuck there.

Mar Mar: I did it to myself.

Mar Mar: I deserved it.

***********

Marcy was shocked at what she was writing, but she felt that it was the truth. She DID deserve it. She DID do it to herself. People would say that she didn't deserve it, but she DID. And no matter how Marcy thought about it...

It.

Was.

Her.

Fault.

.

.

.

.

.

Anne's heart stopped as she read what Marcy had texted. "She really feels like that?" She wondered, tears falling onto her phone screen.

"Marcy, the brightest person in the world, feels like she deserves what she got?" She wondered. "She feels like it's all her fault."

***********

Mar Mar: Remember when you sacrificed yourself for Amphibia? And Sasha was saying how you better stay alive? And I was just staring at you, terrified? It's because I knew it was my fault. If I hadn't been so selfish and gotten us stuck in Amphibia on purpose...None of that would've happened.

Anna-Banana: Marcy. Don't you dare talk about yourself like that. You did not deserve anything you got. It was not your fault. It hurts me to see you feeling like this. So please, don't blame yourself. 

Mar Mar: Thanks, Anne...

Mar Mar: What did it feel like when you died? 

Anna-Banana: I felt as light as air, and kinda weak. That's pretty much it. 

Mar Mar: Booooring

Anna-Banana: Marcy!

***********

Marcy giggled.

***********

Mar Mar: I better TRY to sleep now. Even though I don't wanna.

Anna-Banana: Same, goodnight Marcy.

Mar Mar: Goodnight Anne.

***********