We'll Be Best Friends, Right?

June 27, 2311

Izuku Midoriya was currently holding a box full of toys in his car seat, while his mother gave directions to his father who was driving. His parents had decided to move to a new part of the city because their old home was too close to the recent villain activities. Izuku was okay with that, although he was secretly upset that he wouldn't be able to see the heroes in action so close. It was so much fun to ask his father what the Quirks of each hero were and to write them down in a notebook later. His notes could have been more satisfying, but he is still improving and will have to study more to understand the subject better.

"We're here, Izuku!" his mother called, pulling Izuku out of his thoughts. She unbuckled his seatbelt and got him out of the car while Izuku grabbed his box. His father locked the car and looked at the apartment complex in front of them. He looked at Izuku again and smiled.

"I think this will be a nice place to live," he said. "What do you think, champ?" he asked and ruffled his son's hair.

Izuku giggled and replied, "It looks great! There's even a playground and a pool!"

"I told you this was a good area," Inko remarked to her husband. "He's going to make so many new friends here!"

"Why are you so sure? Don't tell me this was the work of one of your friends."

"It was, Hisashi! My good friend from high school lives here! She's married and has a child of Izuku's age! We're going to be neighbors as well!" Inko exclaimed, jumping up and down. Hisashi just laughed at his wife's antics. Inko could be very emotional, but he didn't have a problem with that at all. Her personality was one of cheerfulness and empathy, one of the many characteristics that made her a beautiful woman.

"So what's the name of your friend?" he asked. "I don't want to make a bad impression on our new neighbors."

"Her name is Mitsuki Bakugou! We were classmates in gym class. She was in the volleyball team too, remember?"

"Ah yes, now I remember," Hisashi murmured. He remembered that Mitsuki was very hot-tempered, although she managed to keep a cool head (most of the time). She was the star player of the volleyball team at their school and was often voted the most beautiful girl of the school, thanks to her Quirk. "So she settled down with a family?" asked Hisashi.

"Oh yes, she has. She told me that she met her husband at a workplace where they were employed, and she fell in love at first sight! Eeeee, that makes me so happy that she found someone! She also told me that he does fashion, which is a desirable trait that we women appreciate.

"True," Hisashi said bitterly. Fashion was not one of his strongest points. "Well then, I guess you and Izuku should meet the Bakugou family while I wait for the moving truck. You'd think they'd be here by now."

"All right then, Hisashi! Don't make me wait too long," Inko said cheerfully. "Come on, my little boy, we're going to meet an old friend from high school! Maybe you can play with her son too!"

"Moooom, don't call me 'baby boy'!" Izuku whined. "I'm not a baby anymore!"

"Izuku, you're my baby boy until the end of time itself," Inko replied with maternal conviction. "And I will not tolerate any complaints about it, understood?"

Izuku looked at her in horror and immediately stiffened. "Yes, mom."

"Good! Now let's go!" Inko called back to her cheerful self. "But first we have to see our new home!"

"Can we play superheroes afterwards?" Izuku asked.

"Of course, my dear!", Inko said.

~~