Part 29

I'm relieved you liked the last chapter, I was really nervous about it when I posted!

*

He closed the door as his mother drove off and Stefani was staring at him with the surprise still present in her eyes.

"I can't believe this just happened." She said, running her hands through her hair and a nervous laugh slipped out of her mouth.

"I know." Bradley agreed and pulled her into a hug before she could hurry off. Her entire body relaxed as she sank deeper into his embrace. "It's okay, though. But, before we have to go..." He leaned down to kiss her and she returned it immediately. Her lips opened under his when she let out a quick gasp and her hand ran up his back to gently tug at the hair at the nape of his neck, bringing him closer. He sighed against her lips at the sensation and she took advantage of it, sliding her tongue inside his mouth and kissing him with a passion and abandon that made him want to be devoured in a heartbeat.

When they finally broke apart for air he brushed his nose against hers with a small chuckle. "Good morning."

Warmth bloomed in his chest and spread through his whole body in a comforting rush of affection. Stefani patted at his arm, sinking back, and looked adorably spaced out. "Morning."

They managed to feed the dogs, get dressed and Ozzy strapped safely in the back seat again in record time, with only a few protesting whines from Charlie for being the only one left behind.

The studio she had to be at wasn't far, but they were hitting traffic just wrong. Stefani was staring disapprovingly at a broken nail and then dug her hands under her legs.

"It'll be okay, right?" He asked and as his voice wavered a little, she rushed to attempt to brush it off.

"Yeah, It's okay." She threw him a glance that calmed him. "But it leaves us less time than I wanted to have today and time is precious at the moment...and this is so fucked, I was going to wear something nice when I met your mother."

"You've thought about what you were going to wear when meeting my mother?" He chuckled.

"Stop laughing." She scowled at him as best she could while squinting against the morning sun behind him.

"You look great in my t-shirts, by the way."

Stefani stared down at herself again. It was another t-shirt of his, tied up loosely so she almost looked like herself and like the outfit was intended when she was sitting down. His joggers were rolled up enough to allow her to walk, although she would get rid of them completely as soon as she got inside.

"That's not getting you out of this." She grinned, tempting him to lean over and kiss her if she let him before he was forced to turn his attention back to the road. "But thank you for letting me borrow another one."

The roads cleared up as they got closer to the studio and she sighed gratefully when nobody but two large men were waiting in the front. Stefani searched her purse for her sunglasses and checked one more time if anybody else was around.

"This is it, you can stop here. Thank you for dropping me off."

"I'll see you, okay?" He said and reached for her without thinking, pausing in the middle of the movement when he saw security outside. "Can I..."

Stefani threw a quick glance over her shoulder before leaning in to kiss him quickly. His hands hovered above her waist, not able to find their usual place on her body yet, while her arms wrapped tightly around him without a care in the world.

He watched the door to the studio with the security front of it and quickly pressed one last kiss to her jaw. "Stef, you're already late."

"I know." She muttered, slumped back with a pout and turned to get out of the car. Both of the men were walking towards them as soon as they saw the door open.