"Better too much than not enough." you nodded to yourself.
"K-Kurita?" Sena gently shook him, asking for help.
He snapped awake.
"Gimme one hundred!!!" he exclaimed with a big smile.
While the two boys were shocked even more, you smiled. He looked so happy on the way back to school, singing a little tune while the four of you carried all those boxes full of creampuffs (you took one and he carried most of them). And he should be happy, after the depressing disaster that was last year's recruiting meeting. Kurita and Hiruma waited until sundown, not even one person showed up. You remembered that day, you heard some brats saying they'd show up as a joke. You confronted them and made sure they ran home crying.
This year sure was different: a crowd of people were waiting outside the clubroom. You were happy your prediction was correct, there will surely be enough pastries for everybody. While Mamori was handing out drinks and creampuffs to help them wait, you and Kurita took a peek outside, you gulped.

'We won't actually interview *all* of them, right?' you looked back at Hiruma, who was leaning back in his chair, pressing his back on the wall behind him and typing on his laptop. 'We'll be here all day!'
"There's so many people!" Kurita smiled, crying out of joy.
Seeing him this happy made you smile.
"Okay," Hiruma said, closing his laptop. "we'll go ahead and ask them the position they want." he placed his hands behind his head. "But we'll decide what they're best suited for."
"'Suited for?' How are we supposed to know that just by talking to them?" you asked as you and Kurita took a seat at the interviewer table.
"We can at least know if they belong on defense or offense." Kurita explained.
"By the way they enter the room." Hiruma added. "For example: someone who sit upright is a professional and will execute a strategy with precision and efficiency. They belong on offense. On the other hand, someone who just drops down on the chair without a care in the world is a wild animal who will use their instinct to catch their prey. They'll go on defense."

"So I guess that means I'd be put on offense?" Sena thought out loud.
"And me on defense." Monta added.
'I'd be on offense. But...' you looked down at how you were sitting and shifted so you'd appear more careless, then you made a mental note to always sit like this from now on when you're at school.
"Sena, what are you talking about?" Mamori sat beside him. "You're a team manager, you don't go on offense or defense."
"Th-that's right!" he nodded, feeling Hiruma's stare on the back of his head.
'Let him participate! Geez.' you huffed. 'I'm starting to feel bad for the guy.'
"E-excuse me!" someone outside said.

You all looked over to see a young man coming in. He was skinny, tall and he had a massive forehead, unfortunately due to an early residing hairline. But weirdly enough, it suited him. He looked nervous as he sat on the chair facing you guys, as stiff as a stick.
"Offense." the boys all said.
"Um..." he blinked twice. "I-I'm Manabu Yukimitsu, from class 2-4."
"A second year?" Hiruma lifted an eyebrow.
"I-is it bad?"
"Oh no no no!" Kurita quickly shook his head.
"What the heck am I supposed to ask for interview questions?" Sena thought out loud, looking even more nervous than the guy who was being interviewed.
"Come on Sena, ask him something." Mamori said.
"S-so... So what's your favorite food?"
You covered your face in second-hand embarrassment as your other club mates almost fell out of their chairs.

"You stupid manajerk!" Hiruma cocked a shotgun and made his way towards him. "That has nothing to do with anything!"
"Of course it did!" Mamori quickly tried to push him away.
"It really didn't."
She glared at you, you ignored her.
"What were you doing last year?" you asked, which surprised Yukimitsu and your club mates, except Hiruma of course. "Most students join a club when they're in first year. So what's your excuse?"
Yukimitsu gulped, seeing you right in front of him when up to this point, he did everything in his power to avoid you and anyone that might cause him trouble. He glanced at you and Hiruma before looking down, nervously played with his thumbs as he answered: