Delta Emerald Arc Chapter 9 - It Came From Outerspace

Start from the beginning

Roaring Moon flew in front taking the attack with a protect. Smirking I gave a thumbs up. "Good thinking Roaring Moon, hit Rayquaza where it hurts with a Night Slash!"

Flying high into the sky Roaring Moon curved around racing and slashing through Rayqauza with a dark slash not dealing as much damage as I hoped.

Rayquaza spun around charging up a dragon pulse swarming the deck taking everything out in it's sight. We were both forced to dive out of the way the area exploding. Sent much further than Zinnia I held onto the edge almost falling off. However, I was now struggling to hold on, to make matters worse I had dropped the Purfied Ball rolling off. Zorua came to help me as I shouted at her. "No! The Pokeball!"

Zorua took notice sprinting for it and diving forward catching it in her mouth. Relieved I watched as she held it up only for the ship to shake again causing her to fall. "Roaring Moon!"

My Pokemon soared ahead diving under the boat and catching Zorua in the nick of time bringing her back. But because of this Zinnia was alone to face off against the powerful legendary Pokemon.

Crouched down Zinnia's eyes began to glow as she became in sync with her Salamance watching the Mega Evolution take place. Mega Salamance roared into battle giving us a more minor advantage even if it wouldn't last long.

"Salamance we can only get stronger! Use Dragon Dance into a Dragon Rush!"

Struggling to climb back up I was relieved to find Zorua back with us as I ordered both my Pokemon. "Help Zinnia out, guys! Zorua Shadow Ball, Roaring Moon Flamethrower!"

With the combined power Salamance was able to keep Raquaza at bay enough for Zorua and Roaring Moon's attacks to hit with a critical strike. Rayquaza wasn't out but it was enough to capture it for good.

Just about managing to climb back on Zinnia shouted at me. "Quickly Y/N! While it's stunned, catch it and save the day!"

Gripping the Purfied Ball I threw it, not towards Rayquaza but at Zinnia. She caught the ball speechless. "W-What?"

"You're the hero of this story Zinnia. It's only right you save Rayquaza."

"A hero? I'm no hero, that role suits the Devon Boy more than me..." Zinnia smirked locking eyes with Rayquaza. "Even if I had to make a lot of sacrifices or if it meant I'd have to sacrifice myself... I was prepared to fulfil my duty to protect this world... A world that my friend had tried to save. Hey, Rayquaza... What does it feel like to live above the clouds? Is it lonely up there? Rayquaza... Can I ask you once more to grant my wish? Please, lend me your strength...so that one day, I can fulfil the mission I've bestowed on myself. Will you give me the strength to protect this beautiful, starry sky and all of the worlds that float beyond it?"

Curling the Purifed Ball she threw it directly at Rayquaza sucking it in. The Ball flew back into Zinnia's hand.

One Shake. Two Shake. Three Shakes.

A shadowy aura burst out of the ball as it lit up. Zinnia cupped the ball with both hands eyes widened lip trembling. "I did it... Rayquaza accepted me... I really did it."

Rising to my feet I recalled Roaring Moon's hands on my hip. "I couldn't think of a better partner to match Rayquaza than you Zinnia."

"I hope so. Guess we can't know for sure, but at least this part of our story ended pretty well." She nodded turning to me generally moved. "Thank you Y/N, I think I needed this. But now one door has opened another must close. We cannot allow this base to operate otherwise we risk more Pokemon being corrupted. So..."

Zinnia sent out Rayquaza now purified. The black Pokemon flew around shouting. "I need you to lend me your strength Rayquaza, let us free the skies and save Hoenn."

Lowering down Zinnia climbed onboard the legendary Pokemon turning to me. "Well, are ya coming?"

"M-Me?"

"Yeah, you dummy, unless you want to stay on this thing when I destroy it?"

"Coming. Coming" I quickly respond running along and climbing up. Zorua sat in between my legs as Zinnia forced my hands around her waist. "Huh!?"

"Hold on tight, yeah. Here we go."

Rayquaza shot up in the air at such speed if I wasn't holding onto Zinnia I would have flown right off. We kept moving faster by the second soaring above the clouds. I could sense Zinnia trembling. Not out of fear or worry but from pure joy. She was living out the dream she always hoped to see. Looking down to her leg Zinnia closed her eyes holding her breath. "Here goes nothing. Rayquaza, hear my word. Grow thy bond and mega evolve!"

Closing my eyes I was blinded as Rayquaza began to morph and change its speed even faster as it mega-evolved. Diving back around Rayquaza snapped towards Team Phoenix's flying base with one full swoop smashing through it destroying the abomination altogether. Amazed I turned around laughing. "Did you see that? That was amazing th- What the hell..."

From the exploding wreckage stood the strange triangle. It hadn't moved floating on the spot the dull black turning to a crimson red. The giant relic began to move in a strange pattern my eyes fixated on it. "Zinnia..."

Zinnia turned around just as confused as the movements kept getting faster before stopping where they began. A crack. Followed by another. I struggled to breathe my heart at the back of my throat as the triangle was torn apart a swarm of Deoxys flooded the skies. Hundreds of them emerged from the triangle all coming for us. "Oh, my Arceus! Zinnia, move, move!"

Rayquaza sped up as the horde was fast on the approach. Rayquaza was swiftly dodging doing several barrel rolls past constantly a barrage of attacks. "What are those things!?"

"Zephyr's plan for the future." 

The horde had caught up to us landing several Shadow Balls forcing Rayquaza to slow down. The sudden jerk was enough for me to lose my grip on Zinnia falling off.

"Y/N!"

Free falling with no way for Zinnia to save me I held my Pokeball out. "I need you again Roaring Moon!"

Liligant was sent out looking even more freaked out making the same mistake twice. "Crap, not again!"

With no safety net this time I crashed into the water my body shattered over the impact. Sinking further down I pushed against all odds to rise to the surface. Gasping for air I looked around seeing Zorua doggy paddling towards me looking shaken up. Liligant swam by pulling me to safety. It didn't take long to reach the shore as I was on my hands and knees gagging. "S-Sorry Liligant... I really need to label who's who."

Recalling her I wiped my mouth looking up, the sky almost completely cut out by the horde of Deoxys. "This can't be happening."

"My dream, my goal, can't you see it's playing out? Everything I wanted is right here. Our next step in evolution." Zephyr taunted standing next to a Pokemon he didn't use for battle, Charizard, he looked down at me recalling it. "You may have taken back Rayquaza but you steamrolled my plan into action. Look onto a bright new world."

My vision was still blurry but I saw a Deoxys approaching from the horde targeting Zephyr. Coughing I tried warning him. "Zephyr look out!"

Zephyr turned around as he was picked up by the Deoxys and lifted high into the air the Pokemon's tentacles wrapping around him. My eyes were glued to the complete horror as his body was morphed and fused into the Deoxys the two becoming one. The only thing left of Zephyr was a strand of his green hair falling off and his eyes were Deoxys once was. I couldn't even muster up a word to say, I was so taken aback, horrified, I was frozen with fear alongside Zorua.

My heart only skipped a beat faster as three more Deoxys strayed from the horde focusing on me. I was even given a moment to react as all of them picked me up fighting to assimilate me into the hybrid. I began kicking and screaming trying to fight back my life flashing before my eyes.

"No! No! Someone help! I can't, please don't! HELP ME!!!"

My eyes couldn't look away I had no escape. I was dead. I was going to die.

This was the end...

To be continued...