Delta Emerald Arc Chapter 2 - Time to Get Groovy

Start from the beginning

"She has no idea."

"She has no idea."

"Iono, I'm not sure how you didn't notice, but you are banned from leaving because of the Shadow Rayquaza attacking anyone who flies in or out. How didn't you notice?"

Iono gave it some thought, humming to herself. "Well, I suppose I did get a ferry here from Johto, so that could explain it. Oh, but you're making no sense. There is no such thing as evil Pokemon, just evil trainers."

"Is she always this... Dense?"

"She's a streamer; I think it comes naturally to them. Iono, I must ask have you seen Mimi anywhere?"

"Your funny looking Zorua? No, can't say I have." She responds, clicking her fingers. "I just had the perfect idea. If I cannot broadcast this, I'll simply record this sensation. The world will love to see the return of the infamous Shadow Pokemon!"

"Return? This has happened in the past?"

Zinnia nodded. "I can't say much on the matter; the outbreak was a huge problem in the Orre region a few years back. But it never spread beyond that region. How it's spreading across Hoenn is anyone's guess. That's where you come in."

"M-Me? Am I getting wrapped up in another plot to save the world?"

"Another?" Iono asked. "Just how many times have you done that now?"

"Now?" Zinnia muttered.

"If we're counting this, three times now. Technically I also saved the past version of Sinnoh, so maybe four?"

Zinnia crossed her arms, looking more impressed by the second. "Then I do not doubt you're the one to help us. I think it's best to introduce you to the main man around these parts. You can talk all Champion stuff."

"No offence, Zinnia, but at this moment, Mimi is my priority. I saved Paldea and Sinnoh because I had unintentionally helped cause those world-ending events. I'm not some hero of justice running around fixing everyone's problems."

"Fine, fine. I ge-e-et it; I'm not forcing you to do anything. But if you help us with this Shadow Pokemon epidemic, we're going through; I'm sure we can do all we can to get your partner Pokemon back. Besides, you can't leave Hoenn until the skies are clear right?"

"Why are you making such good points?" I grumble. "Fine, take me to your friend already."

"Friend is a strong word. I wouldn't say I'm friends with this guy. To be honest, he really gets on my nerves." Zinnia moaned but shrugged it off. "But it's no problem. Knowing him, he's scouting for clues in Granite Cave. It won't take long; let's get a move on."

Leaving the town, Iono ran beside us, taking pictures with her Rotom Phone. "Your eyeballs are MINE—caught in my... Who am I kidding? It's not the same without a live audience. Who would be evil enough to take out the wifi to a whole region? It must be Team Rocket!"

"Those low-life crooks who steal Pokemon? Didn't they disband after losing to a ten-year-old? Twice?"

"Those would be the ones." 

"Then wouldn't those lot fit that description?" Iono pointed out recording the group of crooks.

Zinnia and I looked at each other, nodding. "Team Phoenix."

A group of them was being ordered around by a strange-looking man wearing strange disco clothes matched with giant hair resembling a Pokeball. He was dancing to himself before turning his attention to his goons. "Fuhohoho! Hey, my posse! Have you rounded up Pokémon like I wanted?"

"He's... A character, alright." I whisper.

"It doesn't matter who he is. He's ordering those Phoenix grunts about making him a higher-up for the organisation."