Platinum Arc Chapter 8 - One Bad Dream

Começar do início

"It has to do with that Time Distortion," I said, turning the pages. "You said Team Galactic showed up around the same time?"

"They did," Looker responded, holding his chin. "But before we could investigate the matter, they were gone, and the Time Distortion took our priority."

Sitting back down, I was dumbfounded. "I'm beginning to think these Time Distortions are coincidences anymore. Mars mentioned that she heard the voice of the old boss Cyrus beckoning her to save him. So maybe Team Galactic are behind these events."

"But something like that would require tremendous power on the scale of a Legendary Pokemon." Professor Rowan argued, troubled. "But with Dialga missing, that power becomes more easier to obtain."

"What are we going to do about the residents, though? We can't risk them being pulled into the past when this Time Distortion hits." Akari said, picking up one of the books. "Y/N?"

"This Time Distortion, they're always coming from Hisui... I lost my Pokemon when the Time Machine stole me. Unfortunately, it's happening again."

"What do you mean? Unfortunately, you seem to know this incident all too well."

"It was me. I stopped the nightmares in Hisui when I confronted and caught Dakrai myself. So these bad dreams are happening because of my Darkrai, who got away."

****

Pacing back and forth outside, I had a plan but was trying to put it off no matter the cause. "Why is this Darkrai plaguing the people's dreams for? There have been reports of several other Darkrai not going down this path. Alamos Town's protector is one such Darkrai who was caught in the crossfire between Dialga and Palkia trying to stop the fighting. More recently, a trainer won the Pokemon League Tournament primarily using only a Darkrai." Officer Jenny argued.

"Regardless of what the other Darkrai are like, this one is based around pure malice. It feeds off fear and relishing in that fact. Catching it resolved the issue, but I was never keen on keeping it around; I hardly used it in battle, fearing that fact I could never control it..."

"So what are we going to do?"

"Is there a spare house I can use?" I whisper, biting my lip, dreading what comes next.

"There's the harbour Inn, but it's locked for months." Officer Jenny explained with a strange look. "Why?"

"Going to Newmoon Island won't resolve anything; I'm sure many residents tried. Searching for Cresselia is the best option, but we don't have time to go on a wild goose chase. This Darkrai is hiding in the children's dreams, soon to be mine too."

Akari paused, looking concerned. "Are you sure about this? The last time this worked was just pure luck. What if you can't beat it? What if you never wake up too."

"That won't happen. I have you to pull me out if anything bad happens, remember? Get me to a bed; I must dream this monster out into the open."

Breaking into the Inn, I saw the old dusty bed greeting me, pulling me in, ready for the endless nightmares to ensue. Officer Jenny kept on guard, checking her watch. "40 minutes until the Time Distortion hits; we don't have long."

"When you get Darkrai out into the open, then what?" Akari asked, trying to keep me calm.

Breathing quickly, I sat on the bed, scared. "I- I don't have its Pokeball anymore, so returning it won't be as simple. First, I'll have to recapture it. Only when that happens will the nightmares truly stop? I... Man, I was hoping never to do this again."

"Hey, don't worry. You'll have your Pokemon by your side. Mimi and I will be here to help you every step of the way."

"Thanks, you two," I whisper, lying back on the bed. The moment my head hit the pillow, my eyes became very heavy. I felt myself drifting, unable to fight the urge as I fell into an endless slumber of fear and darkness.