Platinum Arc Chapter 7 - It Doesn't Come Eevee

Start from the beginning

"That's not good; I suppose you two must do. We recently received a report about an incident with the Pokemon Ranch in Solaceon Town. The recent Time Distortion led to the Pokemon escaping the ranch and running amuck. Luckily most of the Pokemon have been located and returned safely; however, a few are still reported missing. With increased reports of Team Galactic in the area, I'm worried these Pokemon might be snatched up before we can find them." Looker informed.

"The Galaxy Team are stealing Pokemon now? The future is really different."

"Don't Akari, please just don't. We'll go to Solaceon Town before dark, Mr Looker, sir. I won't allow Team Galactic to steal any more Pokemon." I respond, collecting my belongings. "Come on, Mimi."

"How far until we reach Solaceon Town?" Akari asked, looking ready.

I paused, staring. "You're coming too? Are you sure? It might be a little, you know."

Akari frowned, arms crossed. "I'm not going to sit in here alone, letting my mind wander. If there are Pokemon in trouble, I want to help."

"Somethings never change, alright, I'll leave a note for the Professor, and we'll head out. Thank you, Mr Looker, sir."

"Best of luck to you both."

****

As the sun dips below the horizon, the soothing embrace of twilight gradually embraces the world. The once vibrant hues of daylight start to fade, making way for a deepening canvas of darkness. Then, slowly, the first flickers of celestial light emerge, piercing through the velvety backdrop of the night sky.

The stars reveal themselves individually, like precious gems scattered across an endless expanse. At first, they twinkle faintly, hesitant to fully immerse the heavens in their brilliance. But as the minutes pass, their luminescence intensifies, and the celestial tapestry comes alive.

The small town came into view, dozens of flashlights piercing the darkness as the search parties were already out looking for the missing Pokemon. Arriving in town, I looked around, seeing the destruction the Time Distortion had left behind. "How many more are going to keep appearing?"

"Hey, you over there!" A ginger-haired girl shouted, waving us over. "You must be the help that the police officer sent. Oh, hey Dawn, long time no see. Nice Hisui costume; I should have guessed you were helping out with the festivals."

Akari stared blankly, caught off guard. I nudged her, whispering. "Play along."

"H- hello, it's been too long..."

"Huh? You're acting a bit strange, Dawn; it doesn't matter. I'm Zoey."

Shaking her hand, I nodded. "Y/N, and this is my partner Mimi."

"Whoa, that's a cool Zorua. Are you Professor Rowan's new assistant?"

"Something like that, we're here to help. Can you give us the rundown on what happened?" 

Zoey nodded, turning to the scene. "Well, with those crazy distortions happening all over, we've been getting more and more Pokemon turning up out of the blue—many without a trainer or home. The Pokemon Ranch welcomed them all in but was struggling. A few of us volunteered to help, but the ranch was broken into when that new Distortion hit. We lost quite a few Pokemon in the panic. So we must get them back ASAP."

"ASAP?" Akari whispered. 

"I don't know either," I whispered back, smiling at Zoey. "No problem. Is there any particular Pokemon we should be searching for?"

"Eevee." A meek voice whispered as another girl approached, holding her hands together. "Eevee was one of the Pokemon missing."

"Cheryl, I told you to get some rest." Zoey sighed, shaking her head in disapproval.